Shooting forums

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the one you have to pay for or the freebie from the grounds?

Here it is....
post-1487-0-81245600-1375038871.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 0
Actually, I would tend to agree with many of his points.  Forgive me for making such a comment being a newbie on here, but I can assure you, I am not referring to this forum!!

I use another shooting forum a lot, having many thousands of posts on there, but recently I took some time off - almost 2 months.  Forums can certainly be 'addictive'.  And most of the fun is in the non-shooting sections.

However, I was spending far too much time reading and posting but it's pointless trying to have a serious debate.  Rarely does a discussion progress along a constructive and rational route, especially re politics or the economy!

I now spend more time shooting instead!!  :haha:

Additional note: I have found that more so recently i'm ignoring more and more threads. A lot of stuff going round in circles and a lot of cpsa buff, which i'm not a member of. But still plenty good stuff to scroll through!

Not really sure of the point of the article as it is simply a series of observations? It makes no comment on which are the most informative , nor which ones to avoid.

Interesting question raised in column 3. 'Do you need to know what type of glasses, coat, boots, bag, skeet vest, hat or gloves you could wear to improve performance?' Is this not what the very magazine the article appears in endeavours to do on a monthly basis??

At least with advice from a forum you can get a feel for the relative merits of a product rather than the biased tosh printed in the mags!! When was the last time you read a poor gun review ??

How about printing an article on the relative merits of monthly shooting magazines? Oh no, sorry, that would be counter productive for the magazine.

Sums up why I have stopped buying the mags and tend to stick to the freebie one.

DT

I bet the guy that wrote that is an absolute hoot. Sounds like a real glass-half-full...

I don't know about any other clay shooting forums but as a newcomer to trap shooting I have found this one very useful. The people I have encountered have been very helpful in trying to help me solve problems by answering my many questions and have in general tried to point me in the right direction. I find that that on this type of forum there are very few trolls unlike when you go to say a motor sports or football forum places like that are crawling with trolls.

To be honest, this is the only forum I spend any time on nowadays. It seems to have the most balanced views and flaming is kept to a minimum. Of course, there is good natured ribbing, but all done in the right spirit.

I have been lucky enough to get a lot of good advice, meet helpful people and got a couple of good deals I would not otherwise have come across.

At least people on here do have opinions and are prepared to state them.

I get very disillusioned with gun and cartridge tests that all say the same thing now, with the no objectivity. I don't think I will be renewing my subscription to Clay Shooting Magazine. It doesn't give me any more then the freebie Clay Shooter and Pull Magazine provide.

Can someone turn it around 90 degrees please...?

As Darkside says - but FWIW - I cannot turn it around, you'll just have to get a crick like I did ;-)

Back