Shooting Clubs North West

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webber

I opened my shop about a year ago, since then I've lost count of the number of new entrants to our sport who have asked me for details of local clubs, either for air rifle or shotgun shooting.  Whilst I do my best, my information is incomplete to say the least, so the best that I can generally do is suggest that the customer visits the BASC website, but even that doesn't include a few clubs that I know of.

I'd like to produce a couple of fact sheets, one for AIRGUN clubs, the other for SHOTGUN clubs within say a 30 mile radius of St. Helens..

Obviously I know about, Worsley, Catton, Fauxdegla, North Wales Shooting School, Kelbrook, the well known grounds are not a problem, although they don't necessarily meet the distance criteria.

For example, I know of a club at Cronton, but other than they shoot on a Sunday, I know nothing more, and the list could go on.

That's where PW comes in:

If you are a member of a shooting club with grounds within say 30 miles of St. Helens please post details on this thread.

If you don't wish to publish full details on an open forum, please PM me as much detail as you can:

Name of club.

Location.

Contact telephone number & website if they have one.

Days and times of shoots.

Is the ground accessible for disabled shooters.

Indication of cost.

Plastic or Fibre wads.

Anything else I may have missed?

webber

Dolphin clay target club

preston

Every so often when there is nothing on. Very demanding abt 10 bird pool shoot sun mornings. Also do dtl and that out of season game shooting practice thing, think its called sporting or summat.

Nice friendly bunch of shooters, family run afair all very nice people.

Bit of a trek for you mate, unfortunately.

Every so often when there is nothing on. Very demanding abt 10 bird pool shoot sun mornings. Also do dtl and that out of season game shooting practice thing, think its called sporting or summat.

Nice friendly bunch of shooters, family run afair all very nice people.

Bit of a trek for you mate, unfortunately.
Everywhere is going to be a bit of a trek for a lot of us down here soon!  Looks like I will be off to the cheese place!! :biggrin:

Brook bank Aint far for you surely, i know its abroad but i am sure border patrol will let you through no problem.

Brook bank Aint far for you surely, i know its abroad but i am sure border patrol will let you through no problem.
It's about an hour and a half, but that's a lot further than SC mate!!!  Then of course there are all those grockles who gum up the roads with them there caravans in the summer! :laugh:

Flamin shed towers eh.

Dolphin is open tonight and every Wednesday evening 7:00 until 8:30 until the end of August.

So, les you'd better get your skates on..

They have a web site with all the info you need

Back