Shooting by yourself.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

As the title says who shots by themselves and how do you do it. Sometimes a get finished work early and my local ground is only a half hour drive and there open all week so iv been tempted to go and shot a quick 50 but not sure how id push buttons and shot.

West Kent has the claymate system that allows a delayed release if you are shooting on your own.  You press the button, it beeps for a couple of seconds and then fires.  You can set what combinations of target you want (I think).

Some grounds will send someone round with you to button for you (they do that at Willow Farm if you're on your own).

Yh kibworth where I would shoot don't have a clay mate system come out as soon as pressed. Not sure if they will send some round with you is have to ask.

If you're in Leicestershire, and you mean Kibworth, then the have a delay system as described above. :)

It's not a claymate, but each stand has a switch to turn the delay on or off.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in Leicestershire, and you mean Kibworth, then the have a delay system as described above. :)

It's not a claymate, but each stand has a switch to turn the delay on or off.
Yh that's the one I mean. Didn't know they had a switch on. That's me sorted then cheers think I will be going mid week now then if I finish work early enough.

One more thing, you can press "a" and then "b", it will then send both birds on report (with a delay in between). Just like the claymate system.

Shooting by yourself? Just ask any trap shooter with an auto, they'll tell you just what it's like!

Now what you need is an app on your mobile that does voice and report recognition and interfaces to standard trap mechanisms.

I've got most of it working, the hardware is relatively easy, just working on the spectrum analysis on the app.

I shoot on my own a bit at Coley's (closest place to me) and has claymate system. Mind you, I much prefer shooting with someone as I tend to get through the clays very quickly and probably don't address any problems I have when on my own. I think I wasted a lot of money shooting aimlessly on my own at first, didn't have a clue what I was up to. 

I agree with Nick, particularly as a beginner, shooting on your own may not be the best idea. At nearly £1 for every two shots, it literally pays to maximise the value of your practice. 

Yh but surly if I go and only shoot the stands I had difficulty with the weekend before I can learn how to tackle them.

Yh but surly if I go and only shoot the stands I had difficulty with the weekend before I can learn how to tackle them.
Of course, but that depends on if you know why you're missing. But in the end, doing what you are suggesting is OK ie having another go at the ones you missed. But what's your plan if you keep missing?

Nowt wrong with that mate!

I go and shoot on my own quite a bit. Sometimes I find it easier to concentrate on my "weaknesses".

A bit like when I drink whiskey.....

..... Sometimes it's just better to drink it on your own...

;-)

Of course, but that depends on if you know why you're missing. But in the end, doing what you are suggesting is OK ie having another go at the ones you missed. But what's your plan if you keep missing?
The ones I missed today I know what I missed on I need to work on my leads I'm not giving it enough and I can't seem to get the hang of right to left so need to practise on that.

Latest posts

Back