SHOOTCLAY CUP 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinker bell said:
Psssst mine was 78 not 77 (we counted 42 zeros) and I suffered my husband shouting at me ...with a laugh....intermitently...all night...

"42 zeros.... FFS"

"42 :laugh:"

"Poor darling 42.???? FFS did you miss a layout out"

"42......FFS sell up and retire!!"

Etc etc etc all night long ......

Needless to say.....I got my revengeee ....much later on...!!
Funny you say that Nicola, I added my card up 3 times to 93 and It says 92 on the website, not to worried though cos it wouldn't of got me any further to the prizes!

Still waiting for a mention of our medal haul in the FITASC World Compak event in South Africa but I don't think that's going to happen now as BS and ISSF seem to be flavour of the month at the moment.......

I just picked up the scorecArds from the ground... I will scan both of yours!

Tinker bell said:
Well still nothing about the Shootclay Cup yet on Cpsa site....??

However Pet's Think Pink charity shoot has made the news sheets on there.

How Bizarre !! 

Have you upset them Matt? By doing a good job?
You're making mischief again!

I don't understand why the SC shoot should be promoted by the CPSA, after all, it wasn't a registered shoot. Deliberately so. Despite using CPSA rules, or some of them, and using CPSA classifications. You can't have it both ways.

Pet's shoot is somewhat different in that it is a fund raiser for a very good cause and should be promoted at every opportunity to ensure its success. I think 'charity' is the key word.  Please note that donations can be easily accommodated.

You're making mischief again!

I don't understand why the SC shoot should be promoted by the CPSA, after all, it wasn't a registered shoot. Deliberately so. Despite using CPSA rules, or some of them, and using CPSA classifications. You can't have it both ways.

Pet's shoot is somewhat different in that it is a fund raiser for a very good cause and should be promoted at every opportunity to ensure its success. I think 'charity' is the key word.  Please note that donations can be easily accommodated.
Was nice shooting with you Ian and your mate Keith, glad we all had a good laugh together that made the day even more enjoyable than it already was, hope we get the chance again, keep practicing them teal and stop looking at the planes!!;-)

Tinker bell said:
Rubbish Wylye. My comment is a clear observation that anyone can make. Cpsa is supposed to be the front door to our sport....so they keep saying.....that website is the first thing that a new person sees if they want to go clay shooting . At that point they have not even heard of shootclay.

Instead of trying to prevent free speech just because I mentioned Cpsa....tell me.....where do you think a newcomer to shooting would be more welcomed?

a) by a meet up with fellow new shooters and some experienced ones who have met on the forum here... after seeing the Shootclay cup advertised or written up on the Cpsa website....and then after reading about it they find the link to the forum.....and start to engage with the community...and then make new pals to meet and shoot with.....?

b-) or by just going to the Cpsa club list on the website and tipping up with your new gun to a club and trying to button for yourself....because you might not be able to afford lessons?

THAT is why the Cpsa should have been pushing the Shootclay Cup ...!!

It is the ethos of shootclay that i am referring to....that Cpsa has missed.......the community spirit.....to get shooters together to shoot and improve, especially if they do not know anyone when they first come into the sport. This was the whole reason why Matt set up Shootclay in the beginning ....to find out and share knowledge of the sport....and the fun of the sport. This forum came much later....and it has given lots of people the chance to meet up with others to enjoy a day out.

The shear fact that this shoot was NOT registered means that it was NOT intimidating for 'those very new shooters'...some of whom did actually come along....and enjoy the day.......because...THE DAY was also about meeting friends made on the forum, having a punt, hence some of the very easy stands...having a laugh.....and having a party feel to the end of the shoot.

Nothing at all like a Cpsa registered....and it was not meant to be. Everyone uses Cpsa scores....even British Shooting....so not sure what point you are making there.

As per usual the Cpsa has missed the opportunity to widen the shooters chances / give helpful information to help new shooters or existing shooters to make friends in the sport....who they can play the game with. This was not about free advertising for Shootclay....it was about the bigger picture....which people miss when only looking at the end of their nose.

You always come jumping out to defend any comment made with Cpsa in it....if you are to be their forum spokesperson....then you had better not jump until you fully understand the posts made.....otherwise you just look a dick sweetie :wink:

As for Pet Pink day.....I donated a £100 engraving to be auctioned as I am away when it is on at Owls Lodge......what have you donated to her Wylye??
Nah! Thats cobblers. Don't agree.

BTW - how I distribute my charity donations and to whom is my business. Certainly not in the form of overpriced baubles thats for sure.

Right - anyway, I didn't court or ask for publicity from the CPSA or anyone for the ShootClay Cup. I didn't pay one penny for advertising, and I didn't ask anyone to write or talk about the Cup.

Deliberately. It was a calculated risk for the event. 

The reason I took this route was that I believed that with a good product (the shoot, the prizes, the organisation), I would be able to reach my targets using the channels I've built - the forum, the main site, social networking - without paying for unnecessary advertising, publicity etc I was able to plough more back into the prize fund. 

I set myself a target that would allow me to pay out as I wanted, and make a small amount to put into next year.  Profit was minimal for this first edition, next year I will push harder - I have some great ideas to improve and I'm already having some preliminary conversations with sponsors from in and out of the industry. 

I also wanted to prove that I could do this as a personal challenge... I have never run an event like this before, and whilst I understand business process (way more than computers btw), it was a fantastic opportunity to learn about something new - I have a massive list of things that did not work as I wanted them to, and a growing list of things that will improve next year. 

So - if the CPSA didn't cover it, that's their loss (in my opinion),  hopefully they will reconsider next year as I intend the ShootClay Cup to be a regular fixture on the calendar - as well as the other events I have plans and ideas for.  I would love them to sell my shoots without me asking for it, but they have their own commercial imperative that they need to manage better, without mine. 

Finally - the most satisfying thing is the number of people that have said they enjoyed the shoot, and would come again. Some of that feedback has come from people who's opinion I really value in clay shooting, who have been there and done it and worn out most of the t-shirts.  But, I also had feedback from people I have never met before, who wanted to try a comp for the first time and enjoyed the atmosphere of something different.  

I honestly, would trade every penny of profit for those reactions.  I'm not going to get rich from clay shooting, but I am a bit richer with friends than I was before the weekend. 

Good move Matt. When I have occasionally made a bit of a punt in business, even when it didn't prove to be the quick financial success I hoped for, I have rarely regretted it as its all good experience and information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right - anyway, I didn't court or ask for publicity from the CPSA or anyone for the ShootClay Cup. I didn't pay one penny for advertising, and I didn't ask anyone to write or talk about the Cup.

Deliberately. It was a calculated risk for the event. 

The reason I took this route was that I believed that with a good product (the shoot, the prizes, the organisation), I would be able to reach my targets using the channels I've built - the forum, the main site, social networking - without paying for unnecessary advertising, publicity etc I was able to plough more back into the prize fund. 

I set myself a target that would allow me to pay out as I wanted, and make a small amount to put into next year.  Profit was minimal for this first edition, next year I will push harder - I have some great ideas to improve and I'm already having some preliminary conversations with sponsors from in and out of the industry. 

I also wanted to prove that I could do this as a personal challenge... I have never run an event like this before, and whilst I understand business process (way more than computers btw), it was a fantastic opportunity to learn about something new - I have a massive list of things that did not work as I wanted them to, and a growing list of things that will improve next year. 

So - if the CPSA didn't cover it, that's their loss (in my opinion),  hopefully they will reconsider next year as I intend the ShootClay Cup to be a regular fixture on the calendar - as well as the other events I have plans and ideas for.  I would love them to sell my shoots without me asking for it, but they have their own commercial imperative that they need to manage better, without mine. 

Finally - the most satisfying thing is the number of people that have said they enjoyed the shoot, and would come again. Some of that feedback has come from people who's opinion I really value in clay shooting, who have been there and done it and worn out most of the t-shirts.  But, I also had feedback from people I have never met before, who wanted to try a comp for the first time and enjoyed the atmosphere of something different.  

I honestly, would trade every penny of profit for those reactions.  I'm not going to get rich from clay shooting, but I am a bit richer with friends than I was before the weekend. 
I bet your Gant chart for the project would make for interesting reading :)  

out of interest was was the most critial event in the project

:santa:

Tinker bell said:
Rubbish Wylye. My comment is a clear observation that anyone can make. Cpsa is supposed to be the front door to our sport....so they keep saying.....that website is the first thing that a new person sees if they want to go clay shooting . At that point they have not even heard of shootclay.

Instead of trying to prevent free speech just because I mentioned Cpsa....tell me.....where do you think a newcomer to shooting would be more welcomed?

a) by a meet up with fellow new shooters and some experienced ones who have met on the forum here... after seeing the Shootclay cup advertised or written up on the Cpsa website....and then after reading about it they find the link to the forum.....and start to engage with the community...and then make new pals to meet and shoot with.....?

b-) or by just going to the Cpsa club list on the website and tipping up with your new gun to a club and trying to button for yourself....because you might not be able to afford lessons?

THAT is why the Cpsa should have been pushing the Shootclay Cup ...!!

It is the ethos of shootclay that i am referring to....that Cpsa has missed.......the community spirit.....to get shooters together to shoot and improve, especially if they do not know anyone when they first come into the sport. This was the whole reason why Matt set up Shootclay in the beginning ....to find out and share knowledge of the sport....and the fun of the sport. This forum came much later....and it has given lots of people the chance to meet up with others to enjoy a day out.

The shear fact that this shoot was NOT registered means that it was NOT intimidating for 'those very new shooters'...some of whom did actually come along....and enjoy the day.......because...THE DAY was also about meeting friends made on the forum, having a punt, hence some of the very easy stands...having a laugh.....and having a party feel to the end of the shoot.

Nothing at all like a Cpsa registered....and it was not meant to be. Everyone uses Cpsa scores....even British Shooting....so not sure what point you are making there.

As per usual the Cpsa has missed the opportunity to widen the shooters chances / give helpful information to help new shooters or existing shooters to make friends in the sport....who they can play the game with. This was not about free advertising for Shootclay....it was about the bigger picture....which people miss when only looking at the end of their nose.

You always come jumping out to defend any comment made with Cpsa in it....if you are to be their forum spokesperson....then you had better not jump until you fully understand the posts made.....otherwise you just look a dick sweetie :wink:

As for Pet Pink day.....I donated a £100 engraving to be auctioned as I am away when it is on at Owls Lodge......what have you donated to her Wylye??
Have to Agree 100%,

if it wasnt for Tink,  and her generous offer & networking  when i first statred shooting, Id' have probably bought the wrong gun and been totally disallusioned by now.

Off her own back, she managed to persuade people to lend her/me varying guns for a day, so i could try them to see what the differences where and which one suited me best.

To be honest, i think this is a huge gaping area that the CPSA miss,  it all right giving a list of clubs, but it can be hugly daunting for a novice to rock up to a club or shoot and expect to know rules / ettiqute for each individual club/grouind

:santa:

Latest posts

Back