Shooing Gloves?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmeGHeaD

Clearly I'm getting old, or soft. My mates in Derbyshire would be kicking my arse if they knew I was asking this.....

What shooting gloves do you all use? Any better than others/recommendations or otherwise??

Macwet shooting gloves. Not very thick but takes the edge off the cold. They also get grippier when wet so no slippery stock in the rain ?

These are thermal and good just need to cut the trigger finger back abit  :)  http://www.screwfix.com/p/keep-safe-professional-welders-gauntlets-yellow-large/18558
Crikey. I want to shoot not catch the shot out of the end of the barrels!

They look really cumbersome - so I'm going to assume an amount of japery....

Macwet shooting gloves. Not very thick but takes the edge off the cold. They also get grippier when wet so no slippery stock in the rain ?
I'll check them out.  Thanks Doug. 

This is a hard one to keep your hands warm they need to be thick ( ie a lining ) thats not good you will have a total different feel to the gun, not good if your shooting clays a thinner glove will keep the wind chill off but not keep your hands warm. The best option is to keep your hands in your pockets until its time to pull the trigger or wear any gloves and take them off before you shoot.Thin gloves improve your grip but do nothing for the cold.

This is a hard one to keep your hands warm they need to be thick ( ie a lining ) thats not good you will have a total different feel to the gun, not good if your shooting clays a thinner glove will keep the wind chill off but not keep your hands warm. The best option is to keep your hands in your pockets until its time to pull the trigger or wear any gloves and take them off before you shoot.Thin gloves improve your grip but do nothing for the cold.
That's the balance that I'm trying to strike. Something to keep my hands warm enough to work, but thin enough to feel. 

A bit like a condom really - A compromise on feel over function.

That's the balance that I'm trying to strike. Something to keep my hands warm enough to work, but thin enough to feel. 

If you find it tell me because i have never found a good combination in 30 years  :lol:

A big hole in your pant pockets works great :angel:

And if your shooting with a female you can offer to warm her hands :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I wasn't kidding, leather horse riding gloves. Similar to a golf glove, but with more feel. Surprisingly warm concidering how thin they are.

Latest posts

Back