Shells for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes eley Olympics are defiantly value for money but I have stopped using them completely a long time ago because for maybe 2 or 3 targets out of the 100 I would knock smoke off the targets and still not break!! I wonder has anyone else had this experience ??

Yes eley Olympics are defiantly value for money but I have stopped using them completely a long time ago because for maybe 2 or 3 targets out of the 100 I would knock smoke off the targets and still not break!! I wonder has anyone else had this experience ??
No never had such a thing with any shell. Could it have been a problem with the clays perhaps? Did anyone else get the same thing?

No I wasn't the only shooter with this problem , perhaps the targets were harder or something but it's just in my head now and I would never dirty the barrels of my gun with them again !!

This is pretty rare with any cartridge, it needs a pellet to just skim the surface without causing a fracture so in all honesty it's just as likely pilot error rather than an inherent shell characteristic. Multiple strikes are very unlikely to cause surface dust without breakage, so my guess is you need to tighten up a little on choke.

No I wasn't the only shooter with this problem , perhaps the targets were harder or something but it's just in my head now and I would never dirty the barrels of my gun with them again !!
Now hard targets can play havoc with breaks but were the other shells breaking them OK? The Olympics are rarely criticised for poor breaks.

Now hard targets can play havoc with breaks but were the other shells breaking them OK? The Olympics are rarely criticised for poor breaks.
I think you could be right, I would guess it's more likely to be a hard target or two and most of us have had those at times.

Your dead right ,, I had shot many 100s in DTL with them and blew them out of the sky but the odd shooting grounds I went to I would have bad breaks all day but since iv started using a higher quality shell like the RC4 I never have this problem and having confidence in your equipment is half the battle.

Your dead right ,, I had shot many 100s in DTL with them and blew them out of the sky but the odd shooting grounds I went to I would have bad breaks all day but since iv started using a higher quality shell like the RC4 I never have this problem and having confidence in your equipment is half the battle.
Yep, if you're not confident with your gear it can have a bad effect on you. Always best to stick with what you know works, but I wish I could do it all the time though ! :eek:

Talking hard targets, they tend to be painted versions like orange for some reason. When I've shot the Essex Masters once or twice, just couldn't seem to smoke any orange or whites regardless of distance and ease !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, if you're not confident with your gear it can have a bad effect on you. Always best to stick with what you know works, but I wish I could do it all the time though ! :eek:
yes fully agree!!! Stick to popular names and you can't go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back