Servicing and self maintenance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "afflictions" to me are the unnecessary complications.  I'm sure that people shooting other than target games may have no concerns about that but for me the complications are a PITA that I've learned to avoid by the simple expedient of using guns that were designed for what I use them.  I'll not make any pretense that Perazzis are perfect as there are a couple things about them that I'm not crazy about but at the same time I realize that sometimes design compromises must be made.  So long as they're at the BFD level it's easier to not GAF about it.

JMO of course and I know YMMV for many people
"And I have to admit that the Beretta fixed trigger guns are a righteous PITA to strip but not even on the same page as a K80."

I have shot Beretta guns for almost 30 years and never once needed to or felt I had to have a go at stripping the guns mechanical parts down, I simply don't see the level of difficulty of doing so to be any kind of affliction. 

Being a typical ex military man, I got my Miroku home from the Gunnie and striped it down to the 3 main parts and then extracted the ejectors for a full clean and lube..... it was much cleaner by the time I had finished with it and considering it came from a gun shop I was surprised to see that there was such a lack of attention to detail.  I have not taken the stock from the action yet as I have only owned the gun for 2 weeks and only shot it in one session but I honestly don't think I would fear it providing I take it gently and with a bit of care.

Being a typical ex military man, I got my Miroku home from the Gunnie and striped it down to the 3 main parts and then extracted the ejectors for a full clean and lube..... it was much cleaner by the time I had finished with it and considering it came from a gun shop I was surprised to see that there was such a lack of attention to detail.  I have not taken the stock from the action yet as I have only owned the gun for 2 weeks and only shot it in one session but I honestly don't think I would fear it providing I take it gently and with a bit of care.
If you can fieldstrip your standard weapons (we did it for fun with our UK colleagues, and they did our weapons), then a shotgun is easy. The only thing to worry about is the screw that holds the stock to the metal it on the Miroku (don't know what you call it, but it's a straight groove head). So the screwdriver needs to fit accordingly. 

A shotgun is extremely simple. Two bits of plumbing pipes, a lump of iron, some wood and then an extremely simple trigger mechanism. Actually makes me wonder why they are so expensive. 

Lars

Actually makes me wonder why they are so expensive. 
So, some of them are quite nicely finished.   :angel:

But then the real reason for stupid prices (I think) are the low number production runs that in the real world would be economically unjustifiable.  Even "big" market shares are just stoopid small for world market products.  If shooters weren't so deranged thinking a different gun will make better scores the industry would likely expire.

sorta like this

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! 
He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you 
hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 
'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run
down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!
THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back