Sell/use By Dates. Do You Buy Out Of Date Stuff?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Graham

How many of us on here buy out of date stuff?? I can't resist a bargain. If something is ok to eat up to the 10th, why will it kill you the next day??? Something marked up at £3.50 selling for a pound cos it's out of date, Oh aye, I'll have some of that please.

I went to my local fuel station yesterday, put £95 worth of diesel in my Disco and got a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin, the new owner of the place asked me if I like that stuff (Hobgoblin) bit of an obvious answer really, but he said I've got some out of date Hobgoblin, do you want it, how much says I, you can have it says shop owner, 15 bottles marked Jul2011 :cool: :cool: :D :D Cheers.

Hobgoblin is a bitter and quite nice.

In answer to the original question yes i do, more than happy to snap up last day bargains and put them in the freezer.

Canned stuff the same, quite happy to eat months out of date.

There are sites that sell short dated or expired foods that are vacum packed and you save a fortune.

There is a big difference between best before dates and use by dates :)

Jon.

I find a lot of the SBD stuff is utter pants, supermarkets have a vested interest in getting you to buy too much and throw away what you can't eat. It's easy enough telling what can or shouldn't be eaten, the eyes and your nose tell you what you need to know. Also whenever shopping I make a point of fetching the fresher stuff they push to the back :cool: :lol: :wink: . But to be honest I avoid the reduced stuff as I get embarrassed putting them in the trolly :oops: .

Can someone explain what this 'shopping' is?

You go to a place and give them your hard earned cash for not a lot in return. Sounds like when I go shooting :-(

Internet Shopping!!! Couldn't possibly mix with the general public may catch something!
You won't catch anything because G does it all I bet :))))

As for Internet shopping? Not sure if the housekeeper uses that, I will find out next time I go down to the kitchens :) .

It's the only shopping I do, fuel and beer. My local fuel station is privately owned, it's not Spar or anything like that, you get your fuel, go in to pay and the beers are just to the left of the till, easy. :D

It's the only shopping I do, fuel and beer. My local fuel station is privately owned, it's not Spar or anything like that, you get your fuel, go in to pay and the beers are just to the left of the till, easy. :D
The farm tank is great isn't it!!! :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back