SCTA AGM

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clanchief

The SCTA AGM scheduled for Sunday 3rd March has been cancelled as the Association has been temporarily dissolved by Companies House.

Oh yes that is quite correct according to the Companies House website

Failed to submit accounts and annual return which are well out of date and overdue!

Perhaps someone has changed address and not told Companies House as they issue loads of reminders.

There will be penalties for this!

Don't worry folks i have checked this out earlier this evening.

The accounts are being filed and normality will resume. The Chair has been on it all day.

I'm sure he has been Nic - just a pity he couldn't apply himself to those same executive duties at the correct time and before the wheels came off...

I agree.....but to be fair....although I am also a member of SCTA ....I have no idea what the work pressures are of these people are in their day jobs.....but I agree ....it is not ideal.

Not good news!!!

I know there are a lot of unhappy members at the moment and this certainly won't help the situation :-(

Sadly it seems that most of our shooting NGB's do not 'please' their membership.

What is it like in Scotland if you question those running the show?

Here in Cpsa you are apparently called a Luddite....!! That is nice when you are paying £62 a year.

Any Welsh or Northern Irish on here....?

How are your NGB's doing? Are you all happy with the way they are run?

I know from the various shooters and news paper reports that all does not seem happy south off the border either.

I would love to know of an NGB that works...!!

NGBs such as ours are pushed/pulled in lots of differing ways and the best they can hope for is to have the majority of members with a mindset of:

"Well it seems a pretty crappy outfit run by a bunch of amateurs, but I have a card and a classification with scores registered... Oh and I'll probably scan the magazine for anything that might be readable, but beyond that I'm okay and I'm really not interested in the politics."

The only motivating force that ever gets an organisation anywhere running on all cylinders is the commercial reality of having to deliver a good product or service in a competitive environment and at the same time make realistic margins from it or suffer the consequences. Non profit organisations, whether huge like Oxfam or tiny like the CPSA, are always mired in costly procrastinations, indecision, political wrangling and inefficiencies because they are run by people who frequently aren't either suitably qualified or sufficiently target driven.

Life's too short to stuff a mushroom so I won't be joining in with the everlasting protests, and if the CPSA (or the SCTA) were to go belly up tomorrow, very little in my life would be different. And I suspect it's the same for 99% of the membership.

Quite agree.

But you could not shoot registered's :smile: or represent your country :smile: or compete abroad in any country without affiliation :smile:

And you would need insurance ......true story.

Quite agree.

But you could not shoot registered's :smile: or represent your country :smile: or compete abroad in any country without affiliation :smile:

And you would need insurance ......true story.
It would take about 2 weeks to set up a new platform for organising registered shoots so as I said..."very little in my life would be different"

Well good for you.

It would not help any of the competition membership going for national teams as there is a lot more to it sadly than just recording scores :smile: but I suppose that is only a simplistic way of looking at NGB's that you are being Tongue in cheek about.

Westward is exactly right - the mechanics of this stuff are relatively easy.

We need you working at HQ if you are that organised. :telephone:

Phil*
Phil, I like to get things done. Work out what's needed, check with colleagues & affected departments, if any, then go ahead and do it. Frankly put I'd last about 20 minutes with a bunch of procrastinators who spend so long endlessly discussing everything that by the time anythings gets done it's either wrong, out of date or no longer relevant.

How hard can it be to run a shooting club and maintain relations with associated national & international organisations?

Phil, I like to get things done. Work out what's needed, check with colleagues & affected departments, if any, then go ahead and do it. Frankly put I'd last about 20 minutes with a bunch of procrastinators who spend so long endlessly discussing everything that by the time anythings gets done it's either wrong, out of date or no longer relevant.

How hard can it be to run a shooting club and maintain relations with associated national & international organisations?
You touch on the problem. It's not a business run by a motivated leader. It's a club, so in effect a huge rambling committee, many of whom do not know about or care about what happens. Understandably too, they signed up for insurance, a magazine and some shooting, not a management job.
In business, a brisk decision that is approximately right beats a massively over considered one that doesn't get the job done in time, or at all.

As we all know, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh if only you knew....... 

Tell you what....why don;t you put it in a letter to HQ and tell them how to do it. :smile:

You touch on the problem. It's not a business run by a motivated leader. It's a club, so in effect a huge rambling committee, many of whom do not know about or care about what happens. Understandably too, they signed up for insurance, a magazine and some shooting, not a management job.

In business, a brisk decision that is approximately right beats a massively over considered one that doesn't get the job done in time, or at all.

As we all know, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.
Another possible director....have you signed your proxy the Will :laugh:

Latest posts

Back