Rounds limit now expanding ammo rules changed..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

I need to buy some more 17HMR rounds and would ideally like to buy at 1,000 rate.  My FAC allows for 750 expanding and 750 non expanding rounds, as the rules have changed around expanding rounds can I now hold the sum total?

I will try to reach FAO but I really could do with buying rounds tomorrow morning and may struggle to reach him before then.

"My FAC allows for 750 expanding and 750 non expanding rounds, as the rules have changed around expanding rounds can I now hold the sum total?" This statement sounds a little bit odd to me. I would just buy enough ammo to keep you shooting until you can contact your FAO or the ask at gun shop you are buying your ammo from to look at your licence and explain what you can buy.

I didn't know you could buy non expanding 17hmr ammo. I've only ever shot expanding ammunition with my 17hmr but I only use it on bunny's.

500 should be plenty unless you have a serious bunny problem.

i use Hornady 17gn in .17hmr and I pay £15 a box of 50.  I've never looked at prices before.  is that expensive?

I just googled a few shops.  Seems 15 quid is the going rate. 

Back