Rio Target Load

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt at all that Rio Target Load are a very good value for money shell.

But surely they are identical to Eley Olympics ????  Same manufacturer Maxum.
People often say that, but the mere fact that Rio are so clean in the barrel tells me something is different. I’m using some EVOs right now and miss the Rio cleanliness. (EVO wads leave a bit of a plastic trail). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rugby Gun Shop currently selling these for £174 per thousand 7.5 plastic wad or £184 per thousand 7.5 fibre wad. 28 gram.

I stopped using Olympics due to having misfires.have now gone back to them and so far no problems.they seem very clean in my f3 and I've always had fantastic kills with them through half choke.hopefully eley have got the problem sorted,after all they've only been going since 1828.?

Only the 3rd time out with these today (fibre wad), and oh dear, fizz, fart, phut. Wad stuck in the barrel. Quick rummage about for a long stick and blockage cleared. Good job i only invested in 500 of these to try, will be looking for something different now.

Only the 3rd time out with these today (fibre wad), and oh dear, fizz, fart, phut. Wad stuck in the barrel. Quick rummage about for a long stick and blockage cleared. Good job i only invested in 500 of these to try, will be looking for something different now.
I’ve never tried the fibre ones. Shot about 60,000 plas wad and had total reliability. 

That can happen with any fibre or felt wad 

I’ve never tried the fibre ones. Shot about 60,000 plas wad and had total reliability. 
BUT, I'll bet you carry a 3 piece cleaning rod in the bottom of your range bag.........................................I always do.....................just in case  !

That can happen with any fibre or felt wad 
Probably can. First time I've used fibre in a while now, never had an issue with any before (Eley).

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to say I think the Rio plas wads are great I have only shot about 500 though mainly down to there being no supplier nearby. The price down here is good too at about €45 per flat I love my Clever cartridges but if I could get the Rio's I would probably change to them for they are €10 a flat cheaper and the results are, for me anyway, just as good.

Probably can. First time I've used fibre in a while now, never had an issue with any before (Eley).
The only fibre I’ve ever had an issue with are Eley (first/select) they turned to tar in my barrels and seriously after 2days I thanked the clay shooting Gods for 009 and a drill. Tried the superb(.) fibres and virtually choked on the crap when the wind blew it back in my direction. Now the only fibre carts I use when I have to are Hull Pro, Fiocchi and Rio. Obviously other peeps have their own experience and fibre cart preferences.

Latest posts

Back