Remain Vigilent!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblaster

Watched a guy walk off the stand, and into the crowd with a loaded auto at the weekend! Challenged him he was completely oblivious,  It was at a very well run shoot too. Moral of the story you can never completely relax with a shotgun, for the sake of safety and our sport. 

My friend saved a woman from getting the bottem half of her leg blown off by a complete all the gear no idea clown with is mates (someone who you would think would no better ) .it was at a well known venue my freind was watching a young lady an her husband also a group of men who jumped on the 5 stand with them .my friend was watching one bloke inparticalar who was acting mr big holding the gun with one hand on the stock grip and flicking is gun shut length ways across front of the cage  , my mate says to women in her ear when you have shot stand back out of the cage/hoop  ,she shot stood back to ask him why (out of the cage ) this bloke goes to shoot flicks is gun shut an catches the trigger (BANG )exactly where the women was standing 10 yards away .theres some plonkers about ! 

My friend saved a woman from getting the bottem half of her leg blown off by a complete all the gear no idea clown with is mates (someone who you would think would no better ) .it was at a well known venue my freind was watching a young lady an her husband also a group of men who jumped on the 5 stand with them .my friend was watching one bloke inparticalar who was acting mr big holding the gun with one hand on the stock grip and flicking is gun shut length ways across front of the cage  , my mate says to women in her ear when you have shot stand back out of the cage/hoop  ,she shot stood back to ask him why (out of the cage ) this bloke goes to shoot flicks is gun shut an catches the trigger (BANG )exactly where the women was standing 10 yards away .theres some plonkers about ! 
That made my hair stand on end!  We all have a duty to report these T***s to the ground owners who should expel them at once!  I know it is controversial but I believe that it should be law that all gun club owners/administrators should check that every shooter has third party insurance.  If the shooter does not have a SGC this insurance should be provided by the instructor or the club, it should also be a condition of having a SGC that you have insurance.    

He got reported got kicked of the ground as well as a ear full of my mate havent seen him since (dont want to to be honest ) 

Ive seen some numptys at clay grounds ive seen 1 incedent where a group of lads was stood at a stand struggling to hit a crosser watched one of them go 3 or 4 stands down an try hitting the bird of the other stand (practise ground ) also seen a group of middle age men 3 or 4 of them sending a pair of a tower and all 3 having a go at them stood out of the cage (behind a fence ) says to them can you stop it dont feel its safe got a reply of , who are you owner ....me no im not ....them well its not hurting anyone is it barrels are not facing people .....me no there not but it only takes one of your mates to fall side ways an pull trigger   Towards one another to the reply hows that gonna happen.... me ok then al move away from your  i thought to myslef ..reported them 2 ! 

this kind of lunacy should not happen. Maybe Mr plod should do extra checks during renewal to ensure you are not a complete knob.

it amazes me that in the current world of H&S and RAMS that we do not need to pass some kind of safety course with refreshers. Not ideal for those of us that are experienced and or safe but it would go some way towards weeding out utter pilocks who only harm the sport and the perception of it by Joe public

ban autos

ban any form of cammo

ban shorts

but above all ban anyone who is a tit

this kind of lunacy should not happen. Maybe Mr plod should do extra checks during renewal to ensure you are not a complete knob.

it amazes me that in the current world of H&S and RAMS that we do not need to pass some kind of safety course with refreshers. Not ideal for those of us that are experienced and or safe but it would go some way towards weeding out utter pilocks who only harm the sport and the perception of it by Joe public

ban autos

ban any form of cammo

ban shorts

autos maybe .cammo yes. shorts possibly . but  tits that going to far.

Autos are NOT the problem, it's any t**t who's an arse with a gun!  There is a gun club just down the road that I wont go back too.  The t**ts that come to mind were all wearing cheap tweed and all were shooting SxS or O/U's and did not have a clue, showing off to each other and generally being w*****rs with guns.  Yes I did mention it to the organiser, didn't wait around to see what happened, didn't feel safe!

And IPS whats your problem with shorts, they generally don't kill or main people, t***ts do!

Last edited by a moderator:

ban autos

ban any form of cammo

ban shorts

list is a bit short Ian!

"short"

I see what you did there les.

shorts are for children. Even if weather is hot like abroad there still silly because you look daft and get burnt legs. Hence shorts being on my "short" list.

"short"

shorts are for children. Even if weather is hot like abroad there still silly because you look daft and get burnt legs. Hence shorts being on my "short" list.
I was in Weymouth yesterday, blowing a gale, cold and wet, still idiots wandering about in shorts!

"short"

ips, i have worn shorts for the last 8 weeks,, granted not much shooting. but down here in SA it`s freaking warm. no way you see long pants here,,,,, 

i did wear shorts in the UK last summer,,,,,,, twice,,,,,,,, far too nippy most of the time!. 

shorts are  good when its hot, you can  spot the tics and horseflies, and mosquitoes, etc when in the bush,,,,, 

no place here for tweeds and wellies,,,,,,,

Back