Reloading shotshells

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think the real reason is commercial or unfair advantage, rather than safety, thousands and thousands of both shotgun cartridges and rifle ammunition are loaded at home each year by lots of people in this country yet how may accidents do you know or read about as a consequence of home loading?
Follow the load data and all will be good or for belt and braces get the Birmingham proof house to test them for you.
In the US even now you'd prolly be talking more like millions of reloaded carts.  Some comps do ban them tho I have no idea what the rationale might be.

In the US even now you'd prolly be talking more like millions of reloaded carts.  Some comps do ban them tho I have no idea what the rationale might be.
The rationale is that the unscrupulous would use 32g loads in order to gain an unfair advantage. 

The rationale is that the unscrupulous would use 32g loads in order to gain an unfair advantage. 
All of the ATA and skeet  type comps (and sporting too maybe) allow 32gm 3dr loads.  They probably comprise the majority of events by far.  Not may even ATA'ers are desperate enough to use a 36gm load    :lolu:    :lolu:

The mass is the same it is the density that is different
Sorry to have missed this earlier. As it happens, there was an element of jest in my remark. There are several vendors here selling it by the KG, and I saw an ad on a Dutch side for a guy selling 7 and 7,5 shot at 4 Euro per kilo. Haven't yet found a suitable press though, so I've held off for now.

Sorry to have missed this earlier. As it happens, there was an element of jest in my remark. There are several vendors here selling it by the KG, and I saw an ad on a Dutch side for a guy selling 7 and 7,5 shot at 4 Euro per kilo. Haven't yet found a suitable press though, so I've held off for now.
This I think is the problem when you consider to make just a thousand you need 24kg by the time you add the cost of primers, powder and then wads and factor in a press... I think I will stick with a decent manufacturer cartridge also there is the added inconvenience that they cannot be used in competition... to much faff  :lol:

Latest posts

Back