Recoil on seams in clothing causing soreness.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake.keeling

I know there are quite a few people out there who have suffered from this, although it does tend to be people that do a lot of shooting in one day.

The arm hole seam from mainly your base layer bunches up or ends up under the butt pad causing pressure points, rubbing and abrasion.

When you stand normally it doesn't look like this will happen, but if you look in a mirror and mount your gun with just a T shirt on it may surprise you to see how much your top bunches in towards the shoulder pocket area.

The reason I bring this up is because after years of fruitless searching for truly seamless tops, I decided to make my own. TiroVesti clothing is specially made for clay target shooting and our tops do not have the dreaded arm hole seam. Check them out here-

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk

post-36-136663807827.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366638077.987103.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366638077.987103.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidence - I found their site yesterday - interesting stuff!

Nice to see it live now Jake. Hope it is a great success. It is a great idea. 

Great. Strange how much shooting does demand the right features in a top. I love the summer when I can shoot in just a short sleeved shirt, (and trousers..) but few of mine are cut correctly to allow full arm movement with a gun. It's not even just bigger shirts that work, it's all to do with the shape of the sleeve attachment area. I remember trying a shooting polo shirt (can't remember which make, but well known). It had a patch for gun mount, but was useless as you couldn't move your arms!

All the above is probably Sporting related, probably not an issue with trap birds.

I wish you all the best Jake, but I can honestly say that I've never experienced any issues with seam abrasion.

I am assuming that the sleeve lengths measure at least 10cm from what would be the armpit seam to fully comply with CPSA dress codes?

Joking aside, bloody good idea :) I have in fact had rubbing issues when wearing my summer Skins top, the seams are perfect for compression in most sports but right over the shoulder pocket, not good for sticking a gun against  :fie:

Thanks for sharing.....so back on topic......boys....

Great idea Jake.

Another rub place is the back of the neck if there is a scratchy label.

I've got a gadget (pat pending) for that problem its a lablel cutting pair of scissors :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.....so back on topic......boys....

Great idea Jake.

Another rub place is the back of the neck if there is a scratchy label.
Yes, This is another fault on a lot of tops, so mine are stitched down flat which seems fine. The label on the compression skins type top is screen printed into the fabric, so is no issue and comfy.
post-36-136670069026.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366700685.436251.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366700685.436251.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
A well thought out piece of kit.

If you have the FB page ready will you post it to my page....lets get everyone knowing about this. There are so few good pieces of kit around for the serious shots......they will love them.

Latest posts

Back