RC2 an alternative to F-Black?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

For those in the know.

I need some carts, cant get F-Black right now.

Are RC-2 as good...what do we think.....?

Or shall I just stump up for Pro-One's

I can only say that for me, the RC2 just was not in the same class as the Fblack, I did not get on with them but to be honest it is what is going on between the ears and of course they are fine, it was just me. I have been using Pro Fibre to shoot a team league shoot series and have to say they are very good.

If I could get a regular supply of Fblack and Fblues, I would go back to them straight away.

Phil 

For those in the know.

I need some carts, cant get F-Black right now.

Are RC-2 as good...what do we think.....?

Or shall I just stump up for Pro-One's
I used RCs a while back fairly good. 

How much is the price difference between RC2s and Pro-Ones. 

I like RC 2s, have found them to be a quality consistent cartridge. You might find them a bit slower than Fblacks but pattern and kill well at range.

Being Italian shot sizes, the 8s are equivalent to English 71/2s and the 71/2s = English 7s or thereabouts.

I used RCs a while back fairly good. 

How much is the price difference between RC2s and Pro-Ones. 
It's about £35 but...as I was going to  buy F-Blacks at £190, Pro One's aren't much more at £213. Certainly worth trying, I thought.  But was trying to gauge if RC2's were some sort of "wonder cartridge" at the price, like F-Blacks are.

It's about £35 but...as I was going to  buy F-Blacks at £190, Pro One's aren't much more at £213. Certainly worth trying, I thought.  But was trying to gauge if RC2's were some sort of "wonder cartridge" at the price, like F-Blacks are.
On that basis I would buy some Pro-Ones 

I rate them highly. But I really enjoy shooting with and get good results from the Blacks too. 

Are they that good then?  I did shoot some basic Rio once, in a blue box...wasn't convinced
You have probably shot them then. What many cartridges have is a very dense centre which impresses people when they centre the clay, but in my book its merely a poor overall use of pellets. We all need a good solid outer area of the pattern if we accept that we are not spot on, every time. Rios are much more evenly spaced than many such as FBlack and Hull Sporting 100.

So, for me, balls of dust on stuff over 20 yards tells me that the pattern is NOT good, whereas most people assume it IS good. I get a similar looking kill on long and close targets with the RIO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro ones are a good choice if you cannot get your usual Fblacks never had a problem with the latter although Will is quite correct about pattern density. another option for a similar price would be Eley superbs have been using them recently as also been unable to buy Fblacks locally. Shooting the classic Friday so going to try some Cheddite shells as running low. 

You have probably shot them then. What many cartridges have is a very dense centre which impresses people when they centre the clay, but in my book its merely a poor overall use of pellets. We all need a good solid outer area of the pattern if we accept that we are not spot on, every time. Rios are much more evenly spaced than many such as FBlack and Hull Sporting 100.

So, for me, balls of dust on stuff over 20 yards tells me that the pattern is NOT good, whereas most people assume it IS good. I get a similar looking kill on long and close targets with the RIO. 
Sorry to quote myself.. but I just watched a video of Mauro Perazzi discussing their new Hi Tech gun. It seems it is mostly cosmetics, but the one real thing they have been working on is the barrel bore shape / size; with the intention of getting a pattern without a dense centre, that instead has a well populated outer area. Glad to see I'm not alone in this logic..

Sorry to quote myself.. but I just watched a video of Mauro Perazzi discussing their new Hi Tech gun. It seems it is mostly cosmetics, but the one real thing they have been working on is the barrel bore shape / size; with the intention of getting a pattern without a dense centre, that instead has a well populated outer area. Glad to see I'm not alone in this logic..
Will, did you not find that your DT11 threw very even patterns?

Will, did you not find that your DT11 threw very even patterns?
I only patterned it once actually, with Muller U2s in and Rio. It made a very similar print to my Perazzi. So yes, it was good with what I saw. In hindsight, it would have been interesting to have shot a dense-centre cartridge through it and to see if it came out more evenly (due to the backboring perhaps).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back