RBSS tomorrow.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Hopkins

Off to Royal Berkshire tomorrow (sat) guys, shot it last year but having checked this years scores looks as though its been toughened up a tad i know some of you have shot this year so any tips on what to expect welcome thanks :keeporder:

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot it on Wednesday - tricky, but fun shoot - felt a bit tougher than last years.

Nothing outrageous for distance, but some tricky angles, deceptive lines and clever doubles.  The grouse butt is as mental as ever.

Enjoy the day though - they are great targets at a beautiful ground.

Scroll down the page there's a video of me shooting it (badly) 

Thanks Andy looks testing great video shall not tell the guys  i am shooting with i watched it...

Well just an update after yesterdays shoot at RBS, 9.30 start rain was lashing down and it was colder then i would have liked started off with a ten then a nine getting wetter and colder by the minute dropped seven at the grouse butts and that was the start of what can only be called a melt down, certainly not a hard shoot but some deceiving angles may be time to get some coaching me thinks..

Well just an update after yesterdays shoot at RBS, 9.30 start rain was lashing down and it was colder then i would have liked started off with a ten then a nine getting wetter and colder by the minute dropped seven at the grouse butts and that was the start of what can only be called a melt down, certainly not a hard shoot but some deceiving angles may be time to get some coaching me thinks..
hello
What was your final score and what handy cap were awarded you?

Hi Lee finished with a dreadful 69 plus 13 handicap leaving me with 82 was wet through, cold and stiff as a board had i not driven so far would have given up and saved my time and cartridges for another day, essex master next hopefully it will be dry and warmer..

Hi Lee finished with a dreadful 69 plus 13 handicap leaving me with 82 was wet through, cold and stiff as a board had i not driven so far would have given up and saved my time and cartridges for another day, essex master next hopefully it will be dry and warmer..
hi
That's the problem sometimes with travelling dry at home and wet when you get there:(
RBSS is a great set up and I feel lures the shooter into a false sense of a looking easy clay! I've always said you don't need clays 40 yards away to make them deceptive, very clever and well thought out set up! I've shot it once and plan to shoot it again soon, is the essex shoot good?

hi That's the problem sometimes with travelling dry at home and wet when you get there:( RBSS is a great set up and I feel lures the shooter into a false sense of a looking easy clay! I've always said you don't need clays 40 yards away to make them deceptive, very clever and well thought out set up! I've shot it once and plan to shoot it again soon, is the essex shoot good?
Don't you just know it.. Good luck with your next go :good:   essex masters a great shoot bit of a job keeping the concentration going but well worth a bash if your not a million miles away..

hi That's the problem sometimes with travelling dry at home and wet when you get there:( RBSS is a great set up and I feel lures the shooter into a false sense of a looking easy clay! I've always said you don't need clays 40 yards away to make them deceptive, very clever and well thought out set up! I've shot it once and plan to shoot it again soon, is the essex shoot good?
Don't you just know it.. Good luck with your next go :good: essex masters a great shoot bit of a job keeping the concentration going but well worth a bash if your not a million miles away..
I'm at Marlborough wilts, I would think a 2nd drive, but I may stay over and shoot that will help the miles of driving! :)

Ed and Hammy, (ref your comments on pigeon whacking thread);

RBSS can be followed (or preceded) by EJC reg if you go April 4th.

EJC reg shoots are definitely the best they have ever been these days, with new stands and more creativity.

Just a thought chaps..- and anybody else..

Mid week is normally a no go for me sadly. Will be having Fridays off shortly to fill in with coaching work and thats going to be my lot! Just got one day that I have to use next week or I lose it, so going to take it and plan accordingly :)

Latest posts

Back