RBSS Handicap Classic 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now hang on a minute , you have a competition that you can now alter targets as you go along ?  Wow , this sport gets better day by day.
I think the trap had sunk or something. The battue was fully behind a yew tree and only emerged behind some other bare trees. This was a definite correction..

We had to shoot it behind the conifer tree and then through the branches of the close ones !!!!!!

if it's the long high crosser you are on about I saw a big gap on that , donkey here missed a going away and a looping rabbit 15 yards away for a 20 !!!!!!

Aww.. That's no fun, they corrected it..
Haven't corrected my name though.  Thoroughly enjoyed it apart for the driven pair stand at the end, lots of swearing sorry to the lovely ref.  I did warn him.  Really loved the grouse butt sequence very exciting.

Haven't corrected my name though.  Thoroughly enjoyed it apart for the driven pair stand at the end, lots of swearing sorry to the lovely ref.  I did warn him.  Really loved the grouse butt sequence very exciting.
Jane, you did well apart from that stand. It's a culture shock this event first time. If it was easy, nobody would be opening their wallets for multiple visits.  This year in particular, the course seems to be rewarding people with second attempts.

Have multiple goes if you wish. Your best score counts. In sporting, there are usually some targets that will fox you, so it's a great chance to go back again with your plan B..
Booked two attempts for me and three friends on 11th and 12th march. We figured that it would be educating to have a second go on same comp targets. Waiting like a child for xmas to get to uk and shoot proper targets. On sunday 13th to Westfield...

Booked two attempts for me and three friends on 11th and 12th march. We figured that it would be educating to have a second go on same comp targets. Waiting like a child for xmas to get to uk and shoot proper targets. On sunday 13th to Westfield...
You have a great time coming up! At RBSS, there is a great pub for lunch nearby, the red lion..

You should try and shoot RBSS twice on the 11th. On the 12th is Owls Lodge, a very good shoot, about 30 mins from RBSS area. No booking needed. You could even go there after RBSS.
Actually on sat 12th we are shooting Owls in the morning and RBSS in the afternoon. We fly to uk on friday morning, so we have time for only one attempt. Thanx anyway. 

This event continues to prove harder for people to crack than I first thought. Lack of massive scores so far.. It will happen of course.

i will have a second go on Wednesday. Can't recommend it enough if you get a chance to do it..

Last edited by a moderator:
This event continues to prove harder for people to crack than I first thought. Lack of massive scores so far.. It will happen of course.

i will have a second go on Wednesday. Can't recommend it enough if you get a chance to do it..
I'm counting the days to have a go, two weeks. Thinking maybe we should try EJC:s challenge at noon before going to RBSS handicap. My shootingfriends from Finland did it last friday.

Shot this for the first time today with Will Hewland & Ed Solomons.

A fantastic round of targets that I'd say are testing but very fair.

Missed 3 bread and butter targets in stand 3 for a big score.

On another note I shot 19 x 20 on grouse sequence ?

Back