RBSS Handicap Classic 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us who havent done it before - what is it as the poster doesnt tell me much? From Wills comment is this a sporting layout similar to the tower challenge that you can enter as many times as you like?

Cheers

Simon

It's a 100 ESP Shoot. Re enter as much as you like / can afford. It is likely 6 stands of normal sporting, plus a 20 bird STR type sequence, plus the excellent 20 bird grouse sequence, which is exactly like the tower challenge but the targets are much lower.

There is a handicap system, whereby CPSA shooters are given a bonus. Take your CPSA average from 94; the handicap (bonus) is two thirds of that. So, if your average is 76: 94-76 = 18. Two thirds of 18 is 12, which will be added to your score. Wisely, RBSS only take your average if it was made up from 500 targets. It's based on the Dec 2015 classifications. The top 40 scores at the end of the 3 months go through to a free final event, where handicaps still apply.

There is also a handicap for non CPSA worked out on secret stands. Top 20 of these folk make the final too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So was anybody crazy enough to shoot day one in the company of Imogen? Looking better for the rest of this week; I'm going on Thursday. They don't appear to have the scoreboard up and running for this yet..

I would like to attempt this this year.  Just a matter of finding the time and have a day off.

Good luck to anyone who shot it yesterday...to say it was a little breezy in the valley whilst I was there is a little bit of an underestimation!

Thankfully had a full harness to keep me attached to one of the towers whilst at the top :)

I don't get it, a comp that runs for months.... Eh ??

I don't get it, a comp that runs for months.... Eh ??
Have multiple goes if you wish. Your best score counts. In sporting, there are usually some targets that will fox you, so it's a great chance to go back again with your plan B..

so really its a long winded pool shoot,not very fare though is it as surely conditions play a huge part.

not knocking it or saying it's wrong just trying to learn about the parallel world of sporting.

so really its a long winded pool shoot,not very fare though is it as surely conditions play a huge part.

not knocking it or saying it's wrong just trying to learn about the parallel world of sporting.
For sure, weather will affect it. With sporting though, there are many stands in different positions, facing different directions, so on a windy day some stands can become easier and some harder. It can even it out. Also, you have a choice when to go and can cancel if it's wet and windy. But, yes, the mentality of dealing with what is going on at that moment is where sporting is. 

Lovely day today and another great course. Congrats to Paul Finney on 86 plus handicap of 10 to be leading. He is shooting above his December average, which is the key to this.

I missed ALL of one target on the sequence, but found out after that I was way in front so hope to bang in a better score next time. 

Recommended event!

Was that the D bird Battue hiding behind the tree ?? 
It was so low, they raised it a touch. The one I struggled with was the L-r that was fast and hard to see on a sunny day. . It made me go at it too much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Now hang on a minute , you have a competition that you can now alter targets as you go along ?  Wow , this sport gets better day by day.

Latest posts

Back