Randolph Rangers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

My Oakley shooting glasses have been pissing me off every time it's warm/humid by steaming up...was looking to change to Pilla, but after asking on Facebook if the 'new' model's of Pilla were too close to you face, Ed Lyon offered to send me a pair of Randolph Rangers to try. They arrived this morning, look well made, fit nice, lenses at least every bit as good as Pilla...but half the cost!!! Set up the clay trap and shot with the three different lenses, exellent!!!

Soooo, thank you Ed, this season I'll be wearing Randolph Rangers :D

Which model are they? Which is the best model for a prescription or is it better to get prescription inserts? I'm unsure of buying a pair of glasses with inserts as I'm not sure if they will be visible in my peripheral vision.

They are the Ranger Edge version. This can be glazed fully - the XLW has a decent insert system.

Whether you wished to go for a "fully glazed" frame or go for something with an insert is personal choice and there are lots of threads about this in the forum

Inserts are considerably less expensive as you only require one set of prescription lenses and can then use clip on colours over the top.

The disadvantage is that sometimes they can steam up if you have a close fitting frame or are prone to a lot of perspiration. You can also feel restricted in them, they can be heavy and cause issues with reflections from each surface.

Fully glazed products such as the Pilla 580, Randolph Ranger Edge and the majority of the Oakley collection are great but then you need a set of
prescription lenses PER tint you require, and that can soon add up!

It would perhaps be worth having a check with your optician to confirm the prescription details before investing in a set for shooting :)

Thanks Ed, I know this is a question that you probably can't give a straight answer to. I have one pair of glasses that I shoot in. If I was to get one pair of prescription shooting glasses what tint would you recommend?

I'm never going to be a top class shot so I'm really looking for a frame that I can't see when I mount my gun, meet's my prescription and provides protection.

Hi David,

Are you particularly sensitive to bright light or does that not bother you too much?

Ed

Latest posts

Back