Petulance, Anger, Comedy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

move-mount-miss

I have played golf for 26 years and have seen some normal, intelligent well mannered people do the strangest things when the red mist descends. 

I could share some tales if requested but this is a shooting site not golf.

I appreciate that a gun by its nature deserves more respect than a golf bat but I would love to hear any tales that members have witnessed or heard about over the years be it clay or game. There must be some as shooting and golf share similar frustration levels IMO.

75-80y/o ex army brigadier,very well spoken. On a pheasant shoot,couldn't hit a damn thing.....bang,bang missed again.....broke the barrels,held the gun above his head shaking it vigorously,stamping both feet,shouting "f***,f***,bloody f***,f*** it!!!" Hilarious!

Chucked my (empty and broken) gun down onto my range bag, cost me a new stock. Cracked it from the action through the hand. Bit of a blessing in disguise as I shoot better with the new stock :D

75-80y/o ex army brigadier,very well spoken. On a pheasant shoot,couldn't hit a damn thing.....bang,bang missed again.....broke the barrels,held the gun above his head shaking it vigorously,stamping both feet,shouting "f***,f***,bloody f***,f*** it!!!" Hilarious!
I love it when posh people swear it somehow has a lot more meaning.

Very true, I hate it when the F-bomb is used as punctuation  :spiteful:

Didnt a soon to be for sale K gun end up in a bin, motor case and all???  :sarcastic:   :sarcastic:

From about 10ft away, was a great shot.... At the hotel so no body saw except my stunned siblings!

maybe shooting grounds could offer a service for hacked off shooters.....im sure a trap could be suitably modified to throw the offending incompetent shotgun to the four winds.... ;)

I have shot a laptop that was particularly irksome in the garden before now.

A famous Belgium Fitasc Sporting shot once pulled the factory fitted Mercedes sat nav out of his motor and shot it on the floor after he had been around the M25 for a second time!!

Ummm, Gearbox man two years ago!! possibly a Krieghoff?

Ummm, Rutland Boychild, definately a Krieghoff !

So that's what they mean about Krieghoffs handling recoil!

I believe Krieghoff tossing is a growing sport amongst Leicester chaps.

Once saw a chap lose his temper at golf and go to throw his clubs and golf trolley into the lake but missed the lake and landed on his rear, got up uffing and puffing and stormed off.

Oh also shot a phone and several caps off people who let their mobile go off during a drive. Someone throws the cap and the rest shoots it (columbine style)

Hee hee hee....rules is rules you see boyos

Clany.....laptop was an experiment of several things that you could send off a trap arm.....CD's, golf balls, bananas, loaves of bread...!

Scientific experiments you see.

Last edited:
Once saw a well known shooter lose a shoot off and bury his brand new B2G up to the forend like a javelin in the peat at Cheddar Valley. Saw him the other day actually, he's a nice bloke, mellowed nicely.

Latest posts

Back