Perazzi MXS Thoughts, issues?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, never saw this here. If you configurate your gun at Perazzi's website you have to tell them your measurments at least.

The MXS is sold with two different stocks and w/o adjustable comb.

Was the stock loose on the F16?
Not that I noticed. 

The MXS has coil spring triggers and I have a feeling is actually based on the MX3 action - so completely different than MX8/MX12/MX2000/MX2000S/High Tech families today.

So when buying used you can pick two apparently similar models off the rack and they will feel completely different - because they are. So finding a gun that truly fits you is important.
I read an article which I thought said it was MX8 based https://www.clay-shooting.com/features/perazzi-mxs/ Reading it again, I might have misread. 

Pretty sure the MXS is not offered as a bespoke build. 

Who's to know without a full check over.
To alter the balance weights in the stock the stock bolt has to be undone, someone may have altered it and not torqued it back up before it was sold, especially if it had been a demo gun

To alter the balance weights in the stock the stock bolt has to be undone, someone may have altered it and not torqued it back up before it was sold, especially if it had been a demo gun
It was a brand new unfired gun. There had been no balance weights fitted and luckily for me, I resited the temptation to remove the stock to look at the balance system. Had I done so, I dare say I'd have been held responsible.  

If you like the Perazzi, if it fits then buy it. you'll enjoy.
I've already decided not too 👍 (mentioned earlier in the thread, I found it very heavy. (Shame because I did like it otherwise)

It was a brand new unfired gun. There had been no balance weights fitted and luckily for me, I resited the temptation to remove the stock to look at the balance system. Had I done so, I dare say I'd have been held responsible.  

I've already decided not too 👍 (mentioned earlier in the thread, I found it very heavy. (Shame because I did like it otherwise)
Mine were already fitted and balanced by the factory when made, were yours supplied separate and loose in the case. 

Absolutely, my question was more about any known issues etc. In any event, I've had a decent go with one (MXS) and I didn't gel with it. In truth I found it very heavy, it tipped the scales at a healthy but suprising 8lb 10oz. Lovely gun otherwise, and it certainly moved quicker than you'd expect for such a porker. But, not for me. Shout out to Chris at Broadway Gun Room, nice bloke and a man of his word. 

The f16......mmmm. I did have one for a short while, 38 shots to be exact. That was when I noticed the cracked stock, the very slightest of cracks just behind the safety catch. This was a brand new, unfired gun and the crack most certainly wasn't there before I shot it. The dealer (who I won't name) has so far acted tolerably, but as you might imagine this dented my confidence in the product, so I decided to excercise my legal right (2015 Consumer Rights Act) to a full refund. 
Weight of the gun won’t effect how fast it moves if u move correctly 

If you like the Perazzi, if it fits then buy it. you'll enjoy.

To close this subject down, as mentioned above the Blaser f16 was returned after having shot just 38 rounds. The stock cracked, albeit hairline. I certainly didn't want to spend the next few months checking a replacement hadn't done the same (I lost faith in the product) The dealer too'd a froo'd a little, But in the end they observed the law and refunded me in full today. 

Over the week-end I had a loan of a Beretta 694, great spec on these guns. I genuinely thought I'd be settling on it but after shooting a full round of Sporting I just didn't get on with it. Turned out the drop at comb was 50mm and not the more usual 55mm, lesson learnt that 5mm surely makes a huge difference. Great gun, but just not for me. Shout out to Marsh Farm Country Supplies, very helpful and utterly decent. 

So, despite me wanting a lighter (weight) gun, I opted for a Caesar Guerini (confirming my fanboy status) Invictus 1 and a years supply of spinach. Job done. 

To close this subject down, as mentioned above the Blaser f16 was returned after having shot just 38 rounds. The stock cracked, albeit hairline. I certainly didn't want to spend the next few months checking a replacement hadn't done the same (I lost faith in the product) The dealer too'd a froo'd a little, But in the end they observed the law and refunded me in full today. 

Over the week-end I had a loan of a Beretta 694, great spec on these guns. I genuinely thought I'd be settling on it but after shooting a full round of Sporting I just didn't get on with it. Turned out the drop at comb was 50mm and not the more usual 55mm, lesson learnt that 5mm surely makes a huge difference. Great gun, but just not for me. Shout out to Marsh Farm Country Supplies, very helpful and utterly decent. 

So, despite me wanting a lighter (weight) gun, I opted for a Caesar Guerini (confirming my fanboy status) Invictus 1 and a years supply of spinach. Job done. 
The Invictus is a great gun, enjoy 

That's my point, if none were fitted where were they and why was the gun so heavy, unless you mean barrel heavy.

Anyway enjoy the CG 👍

That's my point, if none were fitted where were they and why was the gun so heavy, unless you mean barrel heavy.

Anyway enjoy the CG 👍
I think my replies got merged..... The reply regarding stock weights relates to the Blaser. The reply regarding the gun being too heavy related to the Perazzi. 

I took the CG out to Wedgenock (Warwick) for the first time yesterday to see where it shoots and how it felt. Happy to report, with very minor adjustment to the comb height, it appears to shoot as I like. (I like to see the clay well above the bead) It feels tank like build and altough heavier than ideal, I think that's a compromise I'm going to have to deal with. 

Latest posts

Back