Perazzi bead spares

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really need a bead?  :spiteful:

OK, OK, I said it but you were all thinking it????   xD

(Another 4?)
Well it's funny you should ask that TD.  I had to shoot 2 1/2 stands without a bead and recorded my best individual stand scores of the day :)  

Maybe someone was trying to tell me something?

Need it back in for trap though.....or do I?

DT

I think at £14 I would be back at the ground, on my hands and knees in the cartridge pile by now !  :nyam:

You don't need it for trap. In fact being beadless might help you get over the tracking/ rifleing. Ian Peel never use to have a front bead on his Browning after it fell out, he managed quite well without it. Richard Faulds IIRC correctly didn't use one either in his early days.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you regular contributors noticed how many new members are joining Shootclay ? I`m sure all the technical info and guidance on this thrilling subject has most of them captivated,, and in awe of the depth of knowledge shown,,,,,,,,

:biggrin:

Well it's funny you should ask that TD. I had to shoot 2 1/2 stands without a bead and recorded my best individual stand scores of the day :)

Maybe someone was trying to tell me something?

Need it back in for trap though.....or do I?

DT
Nice one DT as you know I love a bead debate ;)

I have carried out many tests on the use of beads for trap as Mr 40up will confirm and I can report that some days I shoot better with a red one Some days I shoot better with a white one some days I shoot better with a brass one.

Hang on a minute maybe it's just that some days I shoot better than other days.

Conclusion

I remain unconvinced either way but will no doubt continue my quest at some later date.

Rosary variety. Kindly elaborate my friend

You wanted elaboration ips............................you got it, :-   according to my Oxford Dictionary, Rosary......a form of devotion in which five (or fifteen) de cades of Hail Marys are repeated, each decade preceded by an Our Father and followed by a Glory Be. A string of 55 (or 165) beads for keeping count in this.

Hope this elaborates sufficiently enough for you to get some before your next shoot, bin the medallion and consider them !

Ah now I get it. Problem is I am an agnostic so sourcing said beads may be problematic ;)

Nice one DT as you know I love a bead debate ;)

I have carried out many tests on the use of beads for trap as Mr 40up will confirm and I can report that some days I shoot better with a red one Some days I shoot better with a white one some days I shoot better with a brass one.

Hang on a minute maybe it's just that some days I shoot better than other days.

Conclusion

I remain unconvinced either way but will no doubt continue my quest at some later date.

This really needs to be presented as a list of yeas and nays

Well here it is!

post-1056-0-80179500-1422457916.jpg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
Have to say it looks a tad nondescript, still at £14 a gross, I suppose by todays standards thats not too bad. All you need now is one of the 'special offer' 'P' gunslips, which I am led to believe have a large side pocket so that you can carry all the required spare parts with you. I suppose it was a good job that 'P' and Land Rover never got together a few years back. Imagine what a day you could have had, 100 bird sporter, gun breaks down. Having fitted the required spares, you manage to finish the shoot only to find that your Land Rover is the last car in the car park and the bugger won't start. How enjoyable would that be. Makes you want to get a Miroku and a Honda ! 

Latest posts

Back