Park Farm Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
I had an appointment with Ed Lyons yesterday afternoon - and after business concluded we decided to head off for a little shoot at Park Farm near Kidderminster.

What a LOVELY ground - I'd never been here before, but I'm very impressed - I wish I had one of these near me!

General pricing was £6 for any round of 25 clays, which seemed very reasonable for me - they have two covered trap ranges (one doubles as a skeet range), then a Compak layout and a Sporting Layout (which had signs up for Fibre only, but apparently has asphalt paths and is a pretty good set up).  All the ranges had someone scoring - and were acoustic release.

We started off with a round of DTL - I'm not usually a trappie, but it was bucketing down - and this was undercover!   I shot 25/71 - which felt strangely good for my second round ever - quite pleased with that.

Then we shot some ABT - which again, I have only ever shot once before (many moons ago at Bisley) - found that a bit harder 17/25 I think.

We finished up with a quick dolly round the Compak layout - nice little setup with some decent targets - 19ex25 there.

Overall - what a lovely shooting ground to have locally - warm welcome, good prices, good variety and a nice setup and organisation.

Highly recommended if you are in the area.

I will second that!

Park Farm was the ground where I first picked up a gun and it is a great, friendly and efficient set up.

There are a lot of good shooters there, many of the England DTL boys regularly practice at the ground and there is always a good atmosphere to bring along beginners too.

The Compak gets busy as it is a fun but challenging layout and the covered facilities are very nicely put together.

Additionally, Phil and Adam Gutteridge are often around to dispense excellent tips and advice.

Very much recommended!

Just lovely  - Wish I had somewhere within 20 mins of home that I could stop at for a quick 25 clays for £6 - excellent.

Have to agree with you Ed and Matt met Ian and Claire Maney (Parkie) there for a fun shoot on a Sunday, very friendly welcome had a good laugh with great company and enjoyed the sporting and compact wish I had a ground like this close to home .

Have to agree with you Ed and Matt met Ian and Claire Maney (Parkie) there for a fun shoot on a Sunday, very friendly welcome had a good laugh with great company and enjoyed the sporting and compact wish I had a ground like this close to home .
You have. . .  Crynant  :sarcastic:

Park Farm is an excellent shoot. Very friendly, and a hard as nails ABT layout.

Went there for the first time last year. Phill the owner was very concerned I couldn't access the refreshments (wheelchair user), I told him not to worry about it, Its the shooting I go for, not a problem, really enjoyed it anyway. I went there a month later and he had bought some big metal ramps and made it accessible. Pretty much says it all, great ground run by great people with a love of the sport. Just wish it was a little closer to me. 

Latest posts

Back