Outdoor World, Vaughan Mills, Ontario, Canada

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

I am in Canada with my wife Margaret to sort out her Dad's affairs as he died recently and to bring his ashes home to scatter.  Having completed the work side of the trip we thought a little retail therapy was in order today so we went to Vaughan Mills which is a ginormous factory outlet shopping mall.  At the front of it is Outdoor World which pretty much will have anything you could possibly want if you are an outdoorsy type.  I can't relay the size of the place other than through a load of photos that I took on my iPhone.  Its a branch of an American chain of this style of shop.  The gun counter pretty much ran the width of the store along with a whole corner devoted to hunting crossbows.  Fewer shotguns than I expected and mostly semi-autos with the bulk of the guns being hunting rifles.  Anyway have a look at the photos.  The stuffed animals and decor are also something to behold.

http://www.basspro.com

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

Is that shop on Route 11 North of Toronto on the way to North Bay Robert? I drove passed one in September last year on that road but didn't stop as I've been to one in Florida before. Amazing places that sell everything for the outdoor life.

The one in Florida did planes, boats, trucks (4x4 pickups etc.), quads, trailers and covered hiking, camping, fishing, shooting, etc, etc. Think of a tesco extra x4 in size or the Amazon warehouse at Milton Keynes.

Looks amazing, we went to one in North Carolina when we were fishing there and did indeed spend more or less the whole day there.  Spent a fortune but came home very happy!!!

Is that shop on Route 11 North of Toronto on the way to North Bay Robert? I drove passed one in September last year on that road but didn't stop as I've been to one in Florida before. Amazing places that sell everything for the outdoor life.
​Its on Highway 400 North about 20 minutes north of the East West 401 Highway that goes just north of Toronto.

I go to a couple of their other outlets when I'm fishing in Florida. Great places to stock up on good stuff at sensible prices. 

Bass pro is great, Cabelas is a close runner up.  I've found a better gin selection on Cabelas than BassPro, but the Dallas BP has a range to "try before you buy"!!

Well I got 2 skeet vests, one Browning and one Redhead, which is the shops own brand, a Browning gel shoulder pad and a 12 bore bore-snake and all for less than £100 which is probably about half the price at home so I was well pleased and grateful to have an alternative to the same old, same old, chain shops and department stores. :smile:

Well I got 2 skeet vests, one Browning and one Redhead, which is the shops own brand, a Browning gel shoulder pad and a 12 bore bore-snake and all for less than £100 which is probably about half the price at home so I was well pleased and grateful to have an alternative to the same old, same old, chain shops and department stores. :smile:
Your to disciplined Robert. All that stuff to buy and you came away with so little, ..

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great photo's, thanks for sharing them - a real taster !! - We're going to Vegas for new year & I have Outdoor World on my to do list !! 

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great photo's, thanks for sharing them - a real taster !! - We're going to Vegas for new year & I have Outdoor World on my to do list !! 
​Just my iPhone 4s!  

Pretty good for a phone I reckon

Back