other hobbies etc past or present

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

I found this pic on my office pc and it gave me an idea for a fun thread. Pics of other (than shooting) hobbies or pass times that you do or have done.

so this is about 2008 we are now on our third boat in nine years marina berthed on lake Windermere. Bayliner sports cruiser, 5litre V8 marinised Chevrolet stern drive for those who may be interested.

IMG_0747.jpg

not far off chippy, full throttle (about 35 knotts) was about 12 gallon per hour ?

boating ain't for the faint hearted, you think shooting is expensive ???

did you note the name I gave her, her predecessor was "its only money" this one "its only money ll" ?

The trick is to get it registered for business use. All legit of course. Then use red diesel. 
yes I had a few friends try that but it isn't as easy as you think....

anyway...it was only money ?

I attempt to play golf - I don't take it seriously, it's a fun day out, a bit of excercise and if I manage to hit the ball fairly well I'm a happy bunny.  

However, my true passion is fly fishing abroad for various species.  Only downfall is, it's expensive but the thrill is second to none.  Have been to some wonderful places over the years, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico on many occasions and America, many times there but in different places. Have caught many species over the years, bone fish, tarpon to over 100 lb (one was estimated to be a world record for a lady but I didn't want to kill the fish), sea trout in Argentina, striped bass in Montauk, again we had a brilliant 4 days, over 60 fish caught, and in Mexico we fish for a variety of species, tuna, dorado, rooster fish, jack crevall (nicknamed the 'bull' for the fight they give, actually broke my rod bringing in one of these buggers. 27 years ago Phil had the British record for Marlin, 708lb but as the Captain had touched the rod/reel he couldn't claim it. ☹️

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ran lurchers for 30 years. Fly fished for 10 years. Dug foxes with terriers. Show jumping,cross country on horseback Hunting with hounds on horseback. Ratting with Terriers. Ferreting rabbits. Training gun dogs. Finally shooting clays poorly. 

Bloke that works for me shoots Long bow. Beautiful bit of wood,no sights or pulleys . Had a go with it and loved it. 

Sorry Wonko,forgot to mention I played guitar in numerous bands. Still have the Fender Strat and Marshal Amp.

Drugs are dropping in price so hope for you to re-live your youth is real.

no digital pictures but in order

Water Skiing, Mastercraft Prostar 190, before the speed limit on windermere

250 national gearbox karts ,had some good results including a championship

Scuba Diving, made it  to Scapa a few times, Zenobia, was working towards Mod 1 on a unit.

RC Helicopters including scale tubine, very very expensive as i was sh*t and crashed a lot

Shotguns,

Interspersed with cars bikes,hangovers condoms and police cells.

Sailing has been a big part of my fairly recent past. But none of this stinkboat nonsense, proper rag 'n stick stuff racing in Poole Harbour. Less so now, I still have a small Westerley Pageant but naturally don't race her.

Latest posts

Back