OT Target distance in Italy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correct, all day job and unpaid reffing is an OT - ABT - UT thing.

Referring  at trap is not a problem to me its a full day because of the traveling, its just when you have shot sh*t and you want to bugger off and you cannot because you have to ref:

Referring  at trap is not a problem to me its a full day because of the traveling, its just when you have shot sh*t and you want to bugger off and you cannot because you have to ref:
May have suffered this myself once or twice????

Its fun reffing, especially when you want to wind people up by getting the stopwatch out and putting it in view......

Its fun reffing, especially when you want to wind people up by getting the stopwatch out and putting it in view......
do that to me and  i  will shove it up your arse :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
do that to me and  i  will shove it up your arse :lol:
No worries, I already tick with my mechanical heart valve amd pacemaker........

Would it be classed as the passing of time on its return I wonder??.....

I hope you haven't been cranking up RG the new ISSF B grade coach ???
Already done that when I pulled out of the board elections... plus many others...

Doubt I will get invited to play at any board shoots anymore......

never known reffing at dtl before they must be adopting other trap disciplines free labour scam

never known reffing at dtl before they must be adopting other trap disciplines free labour scam
Only shot once at Brooke Bank,quite enjoyed the shooting but to long winded arrived at 10 nearly 11 before they started shooting didn't finish till near 4 and it takes the best part of 2 hours travelling even though its only 60 odd miles!

So a 10 hour day to shoot 100 clay's...not my idea of fun!

Only shot once at Brooke Bank,quite enjoyed the shooting but to long winded arrived at 10 nearly 11 before they started shooting didn't finish till near 4 and it takes the best part of 2 hours travelling even though its only 60 odd miles!

So a 10 hour day to shoot 100 clay's...not my idea of fun!
Never shoot in a big comp then. Where it takes four days to shoot two hundred targets and though you don't ref you have to mark the card. I enjoy shooting and all it entails though. I had to mark the card for the last round of the day on a 40 minute delayed fosse ... now that was a strange experience I must admit. There were only about 20 or so people around when a couple of hours earlier there were hundreds :)   and the relative silence one line shooting instead of eight it was eerie .

4 day is much nicer using morning and afternoon rotations,half a day to do what you want,instead of being stuck at the ground waiting and waiting.

4 day is much nicer using morning and afternoon rotations,half a day to do what you want,instead of being stuck at the ground waiting and waiting.
Yes it was a four day morn/afternoon rotation... but you are there for four days regardless. The half day you speak of was spent talking to friends at the shooting ground and watching the top shots do their thing :)  

At any CPSA registered event (not at small hick shoots) referees are provided as per the DTL rules. If you have shot at a registered event at DTL and been asked to Ref you can decline. Simple as that. I would not dream of calling any one a liar, but rules are rules and we have to abide by them. Just to add, most DTL shoots allow you to phone and book in, you can go at the start of the shoot and spend all day there or get an approx start time, negating the need to be there for hours before you shoot. Just for clarification which shoot did you attend and HAVE to Ref, and spend 6 hours to shoot 100 DTL.

Phil*

At any CPSA registered event (not at small hick shoots) referees are provided as per the DTL rules. If you have shot at a registered event at DTL and been asked to Ref you can decline. Simple as that. I would not dream of calling any one a liar, but rules are rules and we have to abide by them. Just to add, most DTL shoots allow you to phone and book in, you can go at the start of the shoot and spend all day there or get an approx start time, negating the need to be there for hours before you shoot. Just for clarification which shoot did you attend and HAVE to Ref, and spend 6 hours to shoot 100 DTL.

Phil*
Was a registered shoot and i don't think Wes would think Brooke Bank a small hick shoot.

Didn't really mind reffing as it killed some time but as i had never shot DTL before it came as a surprise and typically i had a gun with a misfire,fortunately i was aware of the rules.

Felt like i had been chucked in at the deep end!

as angel says its wrong you DO NOT ref DTL I never have in over thirty years.

Back