OT question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highly unlikely you know as many OT shooters as I do. Where do you regularly shoot trap and what discipline and are they registered competitions. There are very, very few OT shooters or any trap shooters come to that who'd deliberately mess about with timing to upset the rhythm of another shooter.
You are right Philr you must you know far more OT shooters than me.

You are right Philr you must you know far more OT shooters than me.
You seem to have skirted around the other issue. I don't regard 5 registered DTL shoots of 450 targets in 6 months exactly as being a regular trap shooter.

I think it's a bit of a cheek, a novice like you sniping at people with far more experience and ability and trying to tar them with your perceived opinion of OT shooters. In fact you're the first to offer your opinion on shooting matters in general on here and on Pigeonwatch without having any experience other than to tell people to shoot from their master eye shoulder even if they're opposite handed and buy a gun that fits.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and so are internet experts like yourself.

Can't say that I have ever been aware of what anyone else is doing or how long it takes them. I sometimes don't even know what I am doing myself or how many I have shot, seems to me that if you are aware of anyone else your not in the zone. And even if you did become aware of a slow shooter it doesn't really matter as until it's your turn to have a go it is of no relevance.

Yeah, I'm with ips.  I never have been able to figure out where people come up with the free time to analyse the competition and implement some "tactics".  That's like focusing on the front of the target (hahahahaha) I mean who has the TIME???

Of course, deficient as I am in so many other regards it would be no surprise that my time sense is defective as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you might have replied to me last evening HDAV.

You were probably too busy on the Pigeonwatch General Shooting section giving a chap with a Browning Ultra XS stock cast problems the benefit of your wisdom.

Unfortunately the poor bloke probably believes you especially when you tell him that you regularly hit 23-24/25. That's not quite true though is it?

From your CPSA registered scores for the current period you've shot at 450 DTL targets and hit 367. That's an average of 20.38 per round. You then go onto to say you've had lessons/gunfit with a few coaches over five years.

I'd say none of it has worked and you should be the last person doling out advice.

He He...

Not timing but wrong attire upset someone at Nutty if I remember,    at the UT BGP a few years back, a certain shooter who has had fingers in more pies than many, blaming his misses on poor Joes bright yellow shirt, t'was so funny.....

Glad they altered the timing back to 12 seconds,  it has made it a lot nicer to shoot again, just need 36gm bringing back and it will be a real game again...

He He...

Not timing but wrong attire upset someone at Nutty if I remember, at the UT BGP a few years back, a certain shooter who has had fingers in more pies than many, blaming his misses on poor Joes bright yellow shirt, t'was so funny.....

Glad they altered the timing back to 12 seconds, it has made it a lot nicer to shoot again, just need 36gm bringing back and it will be a real game again...
Funny you should mention that as Paul120 and I both blamed our scores at the chedite ot comp on philr's very hi viz vest, I think it was a deliberate ploy a sort of gamesmanship thing :)

Not sure if he shot slow also as the afforsaid vest had effected all of our faculties :)

You can go on about that vest all you like but I'll tell ya straight and true that it doesn't hold a candle to those red pants that TinkerBell flaunts!  I have given some serious consideration to trying the Heron Ploy but I'm afraid that I just don't have what it takes to pull that off even tho I'm sure the effect would be staggering!

Funny you should mention that as Paul120 and I both blamed our scores at the chedite ot comp on philr's very hi viz vest, I think it was a deliberate ploy a sort of gamesmanship thing :)

Not sure if he shot slow also as the afforsaid vest had effected all of our faculties :)
Course it was a cunning ploy, I got the silver medal didn't I. I've also got an electronic digital timer fitted to the forend so that I can watch it as I mount the gun and pull the trigger exactly as the buzzer sounds.

You can go on about that vest all you like but I'll tell ya straight and true that it doesn't hold a candle to those red pants that TinkerBell flaunts!  I have given some serious consideration to trying the Heron Ploy but I'm afraid that I just don't have what it takes to pull that off even tho I'm sure the effect would be staggering!
The yellow ones are worst.

Plus when i start singing 'You don't impress me much...a a aaah'.....it usually sorts the men from the boys :laugh:

Don't shoot much trap, just now and again at my local ground South Wales 2000. All I know is it's my turn when the light in front of me comes on, what anybody else does when my light is out doesn't matter to me. This comment is absolutely useless to the OPs original question (sorry Sian) but more in relation to the idea of people taking their time to try and throw other competitors timing out, I wouldn't notice.

........but more in relation to the idea of people taking their time to try and throw other competitors timing out, I wouldn't notice.
Does not happen....trust me....everyone is concentrating on their own game...it is hard enough as it is ....without buggering about. Serious shooters don't give a sh*t about other people's timing...and why should they ??

Last edited:
Only thing that buggered me up was shooting C layout at Beverley and smelling the bacon cooking in a morning, that's enough to ruin anyones concentration...

Some highly strung individuals wait until you throw your cartridges in the net, others like you to walk by behind them without pause. I wait till the previous target has hit the ground. Vic Harker is susceptible to the note C blown through the bottom barrel. :prankster:

Some highly strung individuals wait until you throw your cartridges in the net, others like you to walk by behind them without pause. I wait till the previous target has hit the ground. Vic Harker is susceptible to the note C blown through the bottom barrel. :prankster:
:laugh: :laugh: Happy New Year Fred.

With the right porting you could in theory get the whole octave. Imagine the fun you could have!!!

Another good one relates to a top trapshooter (name removed to protect the innocent) who insists on ejecting his cartridges, blowing the smoke out, then closing and re-opening his gun after each shot.

One guy I heard about last year was getting wound up by the shooter on his right adjusting his glasses (merely pushing them back up the bridge of his his nose) while he (the shooter) was still shooting. Caused an exchange of views after the round. Isn't that what blinds are fore?

Lots of quirks out there. 

DT

Latest posts

Back