OT - How I've missed you!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

After taking a couple of months off from shooting due to arrival of our first child, I finally got to pick up the Perazzi and chuck some lead down range for a birthday treat yesterday. Never thought I would miss it so much, had even made noises about giving up and 'retiring'. Lasted about a month before developing a near uncontrollable urge to get out and pull the trigger. Think what had become an unhealthy obsession has now progressed into a full on incurable disease. Im a gunsmoke sniffing junkie, and can never be cured...... roll on the next registered comp........

Surprisingly shot ok, had 50abt at sw2k yesterday and not too bad then either. New stock working well so far...

Now I know that it is a very easy to be unaware of them but I watch quite a lot of OT videos and I don't think I have ever seen a shooter in the final of a world cup event using a gun fitted with one of these engineered type stocks all the ones I have seen use wooden stock. They may be popular though!

Now I know that it is a very easy to be unaware of them but I watch quite a lot of OT videos and I don't think I have ever seen a shooter in the final of a world cup event using a gun fitted with one of these engineered type stocks all the ones I have seen use wooden stock. They may be popular though!
Think you need to look a bit harder! Pete Wilson for one!

I saw quite a few during the recent Peru finals although I think they are more popular for Double Trap.

DT

John is right though apart from double trap, you don't see them at ot. Each to there own but not to my traditional taste.

Think you need to look a bit harder! Pete Wilson for one!

I saw quite a few during the recent Peru finals although I think they are more popular for Double Trap.

DT
 Sorry thought we were talking about OT. Still never seen any at any of the OT finals

Nothing fancy, budget won't stretch to a lovely Nill griffe I'm afraid, likewise for a custom made Italian jobbie, the joys of being self employed... Time is money! Just a used adjustable comb stock I've messed about with.

Nothing fancy, budget won't stretch to a lovely Nill griffe I'm afraid, likewise for a custom made Italian jobbie, the joys of being self employed... Time is money! Just a used adjustable comb stock I've messed about with.
Yes mate, I'm self employed too so I know what you mean! Anyway I got my first adjustable stock this year, just could not settle with it unfortunately, no idea why though. So sold that gun and got another fixed stock! Not the fault of the gun, it was the idiot standing behind it!!!

I have three adjustable stocks here, no two really alike visually.  Minor grip differences, slightly different comb shapes.  but they are all adjusted to the same dimensions on virtually identical guns and they all "feel" different enough to tell them apart.  Fortunately none of them feel bad.  I suppose that if I were a more sensitive sort I would be able to detect the optimum but as it is I shoot them all equally well, actually equally poorly, but it ain't the stocks' faults.  If I were to have a stock made it would have this grip, that comb, that drop at heel, this pad length,  blahblah   like I could afford that

Adjusto's are fine for deciding what you need dimensionally and the orthopedic stock like Nic's would be just great for that.  Personally I find even the adjusto combs to be ugly as a given, no matter how practical.

but that's prolly just me 

Charlie

Latest posts

Back