Nuthampstead Bund

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Hi forum

Whilst looking on the net for OT fixtures this weekend I found a page in the Mercury (local paper for Nuthampstead area), there was an article about the local planners agreeing to Martin's proposals for an earth bund with tyres, and a 6ft fence on top despite the usual objections.

Having not been there for a couple of years I was wondering if the bund has been completed? 

Give over Jay.

It seems that despite being given planning consent, every jobsworth employed in the council offices want to stick their finger in the pie, and Martin is having to jump through another hoop each time he thinks he can move forward.  He having to apply for licences for this, that and the other and of course each one is a delay and additional cost.  

I was there yesterday and the top surface of soil on the bank facing the layouts has been scrapped off, allegedly for lead extraction.  There's no green background it's soil and thousands of broken clays, so it's now even more of an eyesight test than ever before.  If it's completed in two years I'd be surprised.  

Thanks Phil

I thought maybe I was being a bit optimistic there. It always seems to me that Local Authorities have too much power in areas that shouldn't concern them, and not enough where they should be exercising authority.

I hope it comes through in the end as it's a good shooting ground. 

Back