Nottingham and district big thumbs up!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lksopener

Hi guys,

You may remember I asked about a local club that may be able to provide some tuition for my partner Tracy.

Julia let me know Nottingham and District gun club offered an introduction lesson that was £40 and then after the first £35 a session. This was local and seemed good value so we decided to give it a go.

Now bear in mind Tracy has never really shot before so she was a true beginner and although I don't think she would admit it slightly apprehensive.

Upon arrival we popped in to the club house where we were greeted by a smiley Julia and invited to grab a drink (free) while we were waiting for our coach Carl.

Carl introduced his self and we headed down for a bit of education prior to shooting on safety, gun function and we were allowed to ask any questions in a friendly environment prior to shooting. Carl was clearly knowledgeable and nothing ever seemed too much.

After that it was time on the range, Carl set Tracy up on the last skeet stand and got mount, gun fit and eye dominance established before trying a few singles from the low tower. After a few misses Tracy began to crack a couple followed by a high five! I couldn't have been more pleased and could tell Tracy's confidence had built a great deal. We then moved on to some from the high tower where basics of lead were established and again clays became powder.

One thing to mention was that the lesson was at no point rushed and when Carl noticed Tracy was getting slightly tired or concentration had gone we had a little break and a chat! We finished with some doubles of which I think Tracy had a couple of pairs which was superb and I've not hear the last of!

In total we had about 2 and half hours and came away feeling thoroughly satisfied. Re-booking In two weeks time for some more tuition.

Tracy's confidence has grew and she woke up Saturday morning and asked if she could come out vermin shooting with me so we have certainly built confidence.

Thanks again Julia and Carl, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Just how it should be and very good value indeed. Nowhere like that in the mid-south I think..

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread - liking it doesn't seem enough!!!!

Thanks Liam for your kind words and fantastic news that Tracy is so keen - best result possible.

Once she is even more confident, we will have to get her signed up for a Chelsea Bun Club day so she can meet some other ladies (and have some scrummy cakes too).

Really looking forward to seeing you both again next week :)

Back