Non-sticky Butt Pad..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

There is possibly a better way to phrase that but hey ho!

I have found that the rubber pads that come as standard with my Beretta Evo E are quite 'sticky' not to the touch as if they have perished, but that they catch clothing significantly resulting in compromised gun mount unless i am using my skeet vest.

Can anyone recommend an 'off the peg' alternative pad ( i looked into Isis but that seems a bit off a faff) that will not grab material so noticeably?  This will be especially useful when/if summer arrives.

Thanks

R

http://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/beretta-gel-tek-competition-recoil-pads/

micro_media.jpg

Gel-Tek.jpg

Mine definitely is not too long but occasionally mine catches too.  I think we me though I get a ruffle of cloth that catches.  I don't tend to wear a skeet vest because it just does sit right on me but sometimes my polo shirt might ruffle up at the shoulder part or my jumper.

Maybe your stock is just a tad too long.
​Hi, i looked at that when i bought the gun which was winter clothing and had the longer pad put on, the length way confirmed when i had my recent gunfit, its just that the material is very soft and catches clothing causing it to 'ruck' up behind the stock.

I treated my son's pad on his CG with some car "Back to Black" spray which is a silicon based cleaner and reduces the grip of the pad, worked a treat and just renew every few weeks.

​Hi, thanks for posting this, i have just checked the pads and the thinner pad that came with the gun is Microcore and this is less grippy than the thicker pad that i have fitted which is very different material and has lots of 'veins' running across as a pattern which of course doesn't help.. I find it weird that they include two different types.
​You could also look at the Gel Tek ones, they do them in "grippy" or "smooth"...and are dirt cheap from the Beretta E-Store, direct fitment assuming you get a sporting one, rather than field one. Same for the Micro core...just get the length you need

​You could also look at the Gel Tek ones, they do them in "grippy" or "smooth"...and are dirt cheap from the Beretta E-Store, direct fitment assuming you get a sporting one, rather than field one. Same for the Micro core...just get the length you need
​Hi, yes i have ordered the microcore one in the correct width, the GelTec only seem to have 'special' colours and due to the standard that i shoot at I deifinately don't want to stand out from the crowd... the Grippy or smooth is a good option though, I hope it works as other items 'fell' into the Estore basket as always .. well, i have to qualify for 'free' shipping.

I had exactly the same issue with my 687!

I brought a new pad it was from William Evans at Bisley.  Still a beretta pad but one of the new ones.

No problem now.

I find the Cerevellati Microcell recoil pads excellent for that non grip effect you want. Light, good recoil management and no snagging. If I'm not mistaken, they make the new microcell recoil pads for Beretta so you should have no problem with your new one. Let us know how you get on with it.

The simple answer is shoot gun up. It eliminates this problem and avoids the possibility of a bad mount.

Gun up? Are you mad??

but seriously.. when I started shooting (30 years ago) I was always told that sporting should be shot gun down. It was only newbies who shot gun up. Now it seems that gun up is perfectly acceptable even at the highest level of competition.

Are there actually any rules regarding this issue in sporting??

DT  

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back