Nice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an urge to buy a cardigan and suck a Werther's Original from my favorite caramel shop.

Miroku-3800-Grade-1-3022PYTG1-356-2-002.jpg

Crap! I've just realized that one looks just like the one I owned!  Oh but I don't need to worry they all look the same no matter the grade!

Always amazes me how other people always want to criticize others on how they want to spend their own money! As for me Italian guns are like Italian cars, pretty but you wouldn't own one unless it was given free! And as for Jap, about as interesting as a paintbrush!

If you want engineering perfection, then German is the way forward, they even smoke a lot.
Andypandy, just to correct you on this point. I do not criticize others on how they spend their money in any way whatsoever. You earn it, so spend it how you will.

My dislike of Kreighoff guns is based far more on the actual gun itself. The look of it, the mechanics of it, the way it handles and the extortionate amount that such a monstrosity can command.

Don't get me wrong here about German engineering too. I love Blaser Guns, even to the point that I will buy one when the right one comes along. I have owned several Merkels and had Air Rifles from Feinwerkbau and Weihrauch, Revolvers from Ruger, and Rim-fires from Anschutz. I have ridden BMW motorcycles, but never had one of their cars. I have been to Berlin (East and West when that option was available) and I love German Beer. I'm still a bit miffed about the Germans bombing our Chip Shop, but that's another issue.

For me, it really comes down to never having handled a Kreighoff that felt any better than a "rain soaked fencepost". For me they just don't handle right, they look ugly and their mechanics are so agriculturally complex that they must have been designed by someone on drugs.

I also feel that those that buy them have been taken in by marketing hype and I am old enough to remember when they were first re-introduced to the UK when they fell absolutely flat. The only way they sold them was to put them in the hands of some well know shooters who could be trusted to spout on about their merits(??). Marketing Bull**it!

OK, so they are different now to the original models and may have made improvements, but they are popular because they are trendy to shoot, for some reason there is kudos in saying "I shoot with a Kreighoff", but what this is really saying is that they have jumped on the latest bandwagon. Kreighoff have developed a way to polish a turd in my opinion and make it desireable. Beats me as to how, but then I'm not a marketing man.

At the end of the day, I like people and respect their choices, but I hate Kreighoff guns, the guns themselves. Simple as that.  :smile:

Always amazes me how other people always want to criticize others on how they want to spend their own money! As for me Italian guns are like Italian cars, pretty but you wouldn't own one unless it was given free! And as for Jap, about as interesting as a paintbrush!

If you want engineering perfection, then German is the way forward, they even smoke a lot.
Thats just what the VW salesman told me as I drove off in my new Golf....?

It is fairly obvious that nobody has told these fine engravers ... you cannot polish a turd :)

Ian

I too own and ride a BMW motorcycle ( GS 1200 ) there is a lot that is sh*t about these bikes that is conveniently over looked by most hardened Beemer riders... I came from riding many very good Japanese motorcycles believe me there is nothing that BMW can tell any Japanese motorcycle manufacturer about making a good reliable motorcycle IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
tis only a bit of fun my friend, none of us take it seriously. Its just that when there is an absence of poi chokes cartridges poa threads we default to K bashing in order to keep the forum alive. Its all jolly good fun between consenting adults:)

ps

no K things were hurt during this post

T&C apply
MMC

Thats just what the VW salesman told me as I drove off in my new Golf....?
Tell me about it! I've got a new Polo and the crap I've taken at work has been unbelievable but I'm still smug because they drive boring Jap rubbish. :eek:  I'll go and get my tin hat now  :bye: .

"but I'm still smug because they drive boring Jap rubbish"

IF my life depended on it I would be driving the "Jap rubbish" AND NOBODY WHO DRIVES A VW POLO CAN EVER BE SMUG ABOUT THEIR CAR :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it's all personal choice... I'm fortunate enough to be able to shoot any gun make that I want, however I CHOOSE to shoot Krieghoff.

aesthetically not everyone's cup of tea I understand, but to infer they are mechanically not up to much is pretty much bullsh1t I'm afraid! Far and away the best put together gun around, and until you go to the factory and see what goes into one you can't make judgment on the price.

coming from a manufacturing background I'm amazed they don't sell for more having seen what goes into them.

anyway, back to your girls guns..!

Ed, you are indeed a fine Ambassador for the brand.  As you are for Hull Cartridges too. :wink:

Nice to hear it's your choice and not some promotional marketing deal though. It's the way we should all chose our equipment really. Too much emphasis is put on celebrity endorsement these days, it's almost like our conscious choice is taken away from (some of) us,   :smile:

Pass me my Syren, I've another round to shoot. :???:

Aye you can put solid gold hub caps on a Trabant... but it is still a Trabant :)

Back