NGO & CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard, you should be able to set Deans mind at rest with this one........

Over to you.......

I would of thought if it was a simple as you suggest the you will be covered by the person who insured you first or that one covers game and one covers clay, it would be easy for them to give me an answer and take my membership money but they say the need to get advice and will call back but never have. When I email about it I never get a response. 

Which makes me think it's more complicated than you may think.

And the last thing I want is to be shooting worrying that I'm not insured.

Would just like a definite answer or clarification from someone in the know.

Not guessing it will be ok or assuming it is done this way or another.

Could end up in a big Creek with a boat let alone a paddle!

Leave it with me, I'll check with our Insurers and get back to you...

RichW,

Some one needs to clarify that if you are being paid for your services as a loader or a beater that CPSA insurance does indeed cover you?

I doubt that it does.

It clearly states that if you are being paid or taking any sore of payment in kind that it will not cover you.

If you get given a bottle of wine for shooting someone's rabbits in their garden, technically you wouldn't be covered.

The estate should have insurance to cover you. Most estates insist on you having an NGO type loaders course certificate,  to comply with their insurance. 

Chaps. Don't worry. It's a fairly basic clause in all third party liability policies.

Without going into the intracacies of policies of first and last resort, what this is is a non contribution clause.

In basic terms this means that if you claim on a policy and there is dual insurance in force, your insurers may ask for a contribution from the other insurers involved. In practice this does not happen very often.

My day job sees me insuring most of the big equestrian organisations in the UK as well as many game and clay shoots and this is common practice. 

I am a life member of BASC and have been for a considerable number of years, as a result I am covered by their insurance. The BASC do not recognise my Instructor qualification because it was not obtained through them and so I am forced to have CPSA membership too. Their insurance covers me whilst I am Instructing. I do not shoot competitions or registered shoots and therefore do not have a CPSA  class qulification.

I can confirm that the CPSA members insurance cover will settle a valid claim irrespective of whether or not a member also has insurance cover elsewhere. Our insurers have confirmed they may approach a members alternative insurer if they are aware of them and depending on the amount of the claim. However, the member would not be involved in any such discussions or negotiations.

In a nutshell, if a CPSA member makes a valid claim for a recognised activity then they are insured. Some other insurers provide insurance of last resort; the CPSA policy is not one of those.

Back