Newbold 15/6

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Yet another great shoot at Newbold; although I was completely flumoxed by not having a load of water landing on me. Just weird! A big orange ball in the sky even made an appearance and at times I was actually wearing fewer clothes than the average trawlerman.

Anyway, it was a slightly firm affair, with 90 leading it when I left and some good names were in. Saw Matt Rutherford and Tip Top.

I struggled to straight many, but was satisfied to clean up the stand in the bottom corner with long rl battue and long lr crosser.

When I left, an 83 was leading A class, which I clearly did not want to beat. I walked onto my last stand (1) for an 84 and dropped three absolute dolly ups. Hit the rabbits and over-lead the floppy report bird three times. Mortified! It was the ONLY easy target on the ground.

Ho-hum, yet again, mystery solved as to why Im not in AA. Twonk.

CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a very late decision to do Newbold. Shot a little straw bale charity shoot in Thame with the parents and fancied a bit more. Just made it at 1.55.

Thought it was quite tricky, but also let some silly ones away. Have removed both beads from my gun to try and stop checking my leeed and this was the first day without them so still getting used to it. Nothing there silly long, shot everything with skeet and 1/4 apart from the black teal report bird with the driven.

Nothing straight but a few only 1 away, a couple of infuriating 3's (dropped the last 2 pairs on one of them) and a 2 on the orange teal/chondel. hold point way too high for the teal and overled the chondel by miles, took me til the last pair for my head to finally catch up with the program and minced them.

Shot tidy enough for a 61, 69 won C. Think I was 5th. Julian Freeman did indeed win it with 90. Saw Chris C afterwards and he put in an 88 but dropped 8 on his first 2 stands :huh: his feeling was it was a 92 shoot.

clever

88 won A . my friend pipped you to 3rd in a with an 82 . also missing 3 of the dolly birds on stand one which was also our last stand. thought it was quite a tough layout , which was borne out by the scores. enjoyed it tho and it made a change to get home dry .

jasper

88 is stonking round there and deserves the class win! If I take out silly misses, it still only makes about 86.

Cheers

CSC3

Good to see Clever, CleverDad, Steve Scott Smith, Chris C and Tiptop at Newbold - late decision for me, based on brightness of sky when I left. Bumped into Tiptop in the car park, so we went round together.

Started off brightly, 6 on stand 1, 7 on stand 2 - and then the wheels came off about halfway round. Finished strongly with another 7 but ended up on 54 - which isn't great. Couple of grumbles though - one of the scorers was too busy listening to music, mucked up the cards of the group in front and then scored me a 1 when it should have been a three (high crosser o/r with a flash g/w left to right) - corrected it after I challenged it (first time I have EVER challenged a scorer). And also another group of shooters who were going well enough, but loud - with one of them deciding to expose himself behind his mate sitting down. If you're a member here mate, no-one wants to see your wizened old scrote on a clay ground!

Lovely ground though, my first time there - tough enough shoot, and nice facilities.

Trust me, you didn't miss much - just not the sort of behaviour you'd expect on a shooting ground.

must admit I've had my wang out a few times on a course, but at least I find a decent tree! Bad form indeed :angry:

Was the scorer the one in the little hut, blaze going down into the railway cut? If so I'm pretty sure that was the one that caused the 50 min wait for me last time here, not hearing calls and giving cards away left and right. At least he couldnt F my card up there was only about 6 of us still shooting on the whole course, was like my own private clay ground :D

Exactly the one - he mucked up the cards in front, and they had to sort them out...

On another note, was chatting about the world sporting handicap shoots which started off at Newbold, they have one over the Sun/Mon August bank holiday at Southdown. Super Sporting, 3 traps per stand, handicap. Looks a lot of fun :D

Linky http://www.worldsporting.net/championship2012/southernchampionship2012.php

joe or mark O

sounds like a bollocking is in order.usually the scorers ok here.

followed the quad round filling up all the stands( which is ok)

until stand 12 , rapid r to l chondel and r to l crosser, when the trap ran out mid stand . most annoying and completely wrecks the stand . :angry:

there's enough bollocks about without waving them about. needs reporting methinks.

the world sporting is great . had a bit of fortune to win some cash at orston last year. just needs more grounds to sign up but i reckon some of them are frightened to turn their backs on cpsa.

jasper

That poxy chondel, looked rapid as hell and miles away, overled the first 3 then realised it was actually quartering away rather than a complete crosser, cut back a bit and found it then missed it again on the 5th pair :(

Jasper, How does the handicap work if you havent shot one yet? was also saying they were changing the handicap to an average of your last 3 shoots rather than cutting the hell out of you for a perfect day then having to struggle for ages afterwards, CPSA take note?????

fuzzy

think they take a few stands and use them to calculate a handicap , similar to cpsa when unclassified. the handicap used to be reduced based on your last shoot so , if you shoot 85 then your handicap for the next shoot would be +5. and so on .but it required 3 shoots at less than your handicap score to be downgraded.

must try to get to another one soon. did the uk champs at orston last year , and after an apalling start to my "world sporting " career was shooting off +30. shot 76 there to win the handicap added part of the shoot. 300 notes very welcome. so now shooting off +14 and rekon some more cash might be on the cards .

give it a go .

shoot clay meet up ??????

jasper

I registered on the site last night so all ready to go :) will probably be looking at the bank hol Monday for Southdown

enjoy.

the supersporting way of doing this is great fun. think this is how it started at newbold. went to that first shoot there and it frightened the living daylights out of me.( this was in my pre registered shooting days ) still great fun though and you get used to the target difficulty.

jasper

Back