Newbie's targets for 2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having started in April/may this year, I've really enjoyed the sport and have certainly caught the trap bug.

Possibly a little ambitious but hey ho better to aim high and miss.... To be dialled in but broadly:

ABT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 94+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently 88.

UT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 92+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently 85 (86 as at 6/1/13)

OT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 90+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently now 89 (23/12/12)

Win D class 5 times (update: won C once so far...6/1/13 Won D in UT with 86)

5 top 3 placings overall (update: tick 1=OT@SCSG on 25/11/12 with 86, tick 2=OT@Sw1 on 23/12/12 OT 2nd with 89,tick 3= =3@OT at SW with 82 on 10/2/13)

2 overall High gun positions

Win the county OT, ABT or UT.( runner up DTL and UT county champs in 2012).

Beat sid once in OT ;-p (10/2/13;-))

I would like to win my class at the English or British for any of the above but wouldn't we all!

Above all else, really enjoy it. Classifications might take some work as my early scores are a bit pants and might take some serious effort to get ride of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
another D class win with a 91 at UT at BB. 4th overall. 2 x 24s so still no 25 straight :-(

Having started in April/may this year, I've really enjoyed the sport and have certainly caught the trap bug.

Possibly a little ambitious but hey ho better to aim high and miss.... To be dialled in but broadly:

ABT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 94+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently 88.

UT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 92+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently 85 (86 as at 6/1/13)

OT - achieve B class classification, shoot a 90+, shoot a 25 straight. PB currently now 89 (23/12/12)

5 top 3 placings overall (update: tick 1=OT@SCSG on 25/11/12 with 86, tick 2=OT@Sw1 on 23/12/12 OT 2nd with 89,tick 3= =3@oti at SW with 82 on 10/2/13)

I would like to win my class at the English or British for any of the above but wouldn't we all!

Above all else, really enjoy it. Classifications might take some work as my early scores are a bit pants and might take some serious effort to get ride of them!
ok, update so far:

ABT - PB still 88. 

UT - PB 91 at 6/5/13

OT - no change but won a shoot 3 weeks ago and 3rd overall the week before (105/125 and 109/125).

enjoying my shooting seems to be on the up if a few brain farts left to iron out.

well stuffed up the EO UT this weekend. steady day one with 86 (one bad round) and then fluffed the sunday. first round i dropped 4 of last 5 :-( 22, 23 and then with a one target lead for the final round and D class win I bombed in an 18 dropping 2 of last 3. seems i am focusing too hard during my routine and fatiguing towards the end of rounds. cost me 14 targets over the 8 rounds. something to work on. 3rd :-(

well, nice to know i shot sh*t and can still shoot a 168. disappointed but a good learning lesson. must learn to take that brain out somehow..... 

5 top 3 placings overall (update: tick 1=OT@SCSG on 25/11/12 with 86, tick 2=OT@Sw1 on 23/12/12 OT 2nd with 89,tick 3= =3@oti at SW with 82 on 10/2/13)

update:

ABT - PB now 90, shot a 25 straight :) looks like will get into the welsh HI team in 3rd :)

UT - did an 88 recently IIRC

OT - PB 89. no 25 straights yet :-( made the welsh HI team :)

D class nailed several times. now in B i think for a few.

Won 4 selection shoots in total across ABT and OT. 

No county shoots yet.

Very please. Watch this space.

bloody well done Stuart on making the HI team in both ABT and OT !!

Now all you need is a new gun :thumbsu:   and no! your still not having mine !!

DT

well, pleased with progress so far this year mindful of everything thats been going on in my wider life.

OT HI went a bit below par, managed a counting score but disappointed with my result. I don't think the call from the police saying my house was being broken into midway helped me focus!

ABT HI next w/e. Hoping to get a top 5 score in the welsh team which would be consistent with my scores and results across the 8 selections. That said I'm sure fred will tell me i've just made the biggest mistake aiming for a score... doh!

Not sure yet whether Ill be shooting much again unless my domestic situation improves as have been asked to voluntarily surrender my SGC until my ex stops making wild allegations. The law is a risk adverse arse, so much for 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Latest posts

Back