New Range/Cartridge Bag

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tebbsy

Afternoon,

Mrs T (D.C.O.S) is in a current state of actively encouraging my latest hobby! (I think it's because I get up early on a Sunday, feed and wash our daughter, play, make coffee and then bugger off for hours leaving her in peace.) 

However, I have been using an old messenger type bag when out and about at shoots. Up to last weekend its been fine, carries 125 carts, glasses, waterproof etc etc. BUT! everything got soggy because it wicked the ogin in from the outside when abandoned on the ground while on stand.

My laboured point being, she who must be obeyed has offered to by me a new range bag for crimbo, or organise it to be delivered by Santa. I have looked at lots of options, but wanting some advise from the forum.

I wear a Napier Jacket when its cold, wear a Berretta Vest all the time (even to bed sometimes), Hold a Browning and shoot many diff carts (to find which ones I like). Don't really care about branding............!

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered before, I have searched but was found wanting.....

All covered before (in great depth) here

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

DT

post-3146-0-45341300-1417186824.png

Attachments

• facepalm.png
    facepalm.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
I have a leather one which is heavier than a lot but I like it and it matches my leather gun slip which makes me happy.  Seriously so many out there - choose a budget, choose a size, choose a material which is waterproof and purchase.

Thanks so far, I have checked the previous thread (thanks to Mr Tyred) that initially eluded me, and settled on the bidwell bag (final answer). It was a choice between this one and the Napier Razorback range bag, but just found out the Napier one doesn't have a zip top.

Churz

M

Just bought me a Stanley toolbag with a solid plasic base for the winter looks like it will do the job iust fine. :bb:

Thanks so far, I have checked the previous thread (thanks to Mr Tyred) that initially eluded me, and settled on the bidwell bag (final answer). It was a choice between this one and the Napier Razorback range bag, but just found out the Napier one doesn't have a zip top.

Churz

M
I too have the Bidwell bag, the only annoyance is the clips to remove the shoulder strap (should you wish to) are rubbish, you end up snapping the end off before you can unhook it. I've lost / snapped  the entire hook one end so it's joined with a couple of cable ties.  I've also noticed a few others broken whilst out and about.

Could just be me of course, so if you don't need to remove the strap, leave it, or go carefully, other than that great bag.

I could never find a range bag that I like. Size, rigidity, pockets, ease of access - nothing seemed to add up.

Have a look at camera bags.

They seem to fit the bill better than what is on the market, more flexible, rugged. Also double up as a flight bag so you have one less bit of luggage to take.

Did you get your jacket?
I did its a bit big but room for a thick jumper under it pretty please with it not been to cold yet but think it will be well worth it come January I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never find a range bag that I like. Size, rigidity, pockets, ease of access - nothing seemed to add up.

Have a look at camera bags.

They seem to fit the bill better than what is on the market, more flexible, rugged. Also double up as a flight bag so you have one less bit of luggage to take.
Yep, that or fishing bags. Seem to be much better value for money.

I've got one of those blue 200 cartridge Beretta branded bags. Holds lots of shells, keys, wallet, gloves, defenders, chokes and all sorts of junk ( much like SWMBO's handbag ) but if it so much as drizzles the cartridge boxes dissolve and everything gets wet. Bloody useless. I even tried treating mine with a waterproofing treatment that worked great on a canvas sprayhood on a yacht but without success on the bag.

I reckon a 'cheap' toolstation tote or repurposed fishing bag is a far better ( and cheaper ) option!

The Bidwell bag! Spot on, unless you want to look like somebody is sponsoring you and big brand name is wanted on display..

The waterfowling gear industry in the US is gigantic.  You want waterproof - dig in.  Bags of every size and shape and most of them prolly even float.  I have no idea what agonies you may suffer to get that stuff into GB, but if you browse thru a few sites you'll be amazed.

here's a search I did but I don't know if the link will work - so, I g-o-o-gled "waterfowling gear" and got this

https://www.bingle.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=waterfowling+gear

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aldi £9.99 fishing bag is pretty good. I keep one in the back of the Disco with decoying odds & sods in it.

Latest posts

Back