New Berretta a400 xcel sporter gray

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I asked was that I’ve had a batch of Power Gold which had duff primers in them . If I remember rightly I had half a dozen out of a thousand not go bang . Has the fault occurred with both the Sporters and the Blacks ? If it has , then light strikes on an auto could be….
The bolt not going fully forward ( bolt spring weak , or extractor issue , dirty breech , or lubrication fault ( not enough or too thick ) , hammer spring weak , , firing pin tip eroded , firing pin not moving freely in the bolt . Does your cleaning regime include stripping the bolt down to its component parts ? .

Thank you very much Guys for your responses
Im pretty sure now its not the cartridges .
Over the last day or so I have made contact with a group called Beretta owners club UK
and they are being very helpful.
feel like I must recommend them to all Beretta owners
I now believe its the spring thats attached to the firing pin not a big deal just inconvenient It would be really good if you could keep a few spares but dont think its allowed ?
All for now Dave

Thank you very much Guys for your responses
Im pretty sure now its not the cartridges .
Over the last day or so I have made contact with a group called Beretta owners club UK
and they are being very helpful.
feel like I must recommend them to all Beretta owners
I now believe its the spring thats attached to the firing pin not a big deal just inconvenient It would be really good if you could keep a few spares but dont think its allowed ?
All for now Dave
You are allowed to keep as many spares as you want. Remmy 1100 owners usually carry a box full to every shoot.

David, should your gun have to go back to GMK, I can lend you a 30 years old 303, that works very well !
😇

David, should your gun have to go back to GMK, I can lend you a 30 years old 303, that works very well !
😇
Thanks for the offer Westley but I already have a spare ( blue a400 ) Ive been shooting the Gray or the Blue for over 9 years now.
One would think I would be on top of the maintenance side of thing by now !! But "NO" not me!!!!
Dave

Hi Guys &Girls
Im back again looking for advise again
approximately 15 month ago I started this post and can report that up until a few days ago the new Gray had been faultless but last Saturday she starts striking the cartridges but not firing them 6 times out of 120 (it was -3 deg) so when I got home I gave her a good clean as generally do .
I then tuck her to Garlands this Thursday and on the second stand it happens again only once Im pleased to say but shortly after that she did not eject a second cartridge only the once again I must add .
but it dose "put " you off
Is there any one on here that can advise please !! or as she got to go back to GMK again!!!
please do not say get an O/U
Dave
Hi again I feel as if I needed to finish this post off
As previously stated I have always believed that keeping the a400 clean is most advisable .Well one aria I had over looked for reasons that allude me was the cleaning of the gas ports.
if you are shooting an a400 and you are suffering from any functioning problems give the gas ports a good clean
just saying love my a400
Happy Christmas Dave

Hi again I feel as if I needed to finish this post off
As previously stated I have always believed that keeping the a400 clean is most advisable .Well one aria I had over looked for reasons that allude me was the cleaning of the gas ports.
if you are shooting an a400 and you are suffering from any functioning problems give the gas ports a good clean
just saying love my a400
Happy Christmas Dave
My a400 runs fine so far 😁.
Do you have any top tips for Cleaning the gas ports ? It's a bit of a faff for sure.
Regards.

My a400 runs fine so far 😁.
Do you have any top tips for Cleaning the gas ports ? It's a bit of a faff for sure.
Regards.
when I remember to do it ?? I use a very thin screw driver and just twizzle it about in the gas ports and maybe flush it out with WD-40 I also then blow it out with as mall air compressor
Mind I have only used the air compressor once on the Gray in 15/18 months
Just saying if a semi is not reliable I would not wont to use it .
In my opinion If it is reliable it can be a very pleasurable fast moving gun
Have a good Christmas all Dave

Latest posts

Back