Never again!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mick did you never try throwing it at the barn door mate? It might have worked that way! :.:
I still reckon i would have missed, it was that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought a 686 sporter afterwards, nice gun and all that, but i found i had to 'try' a bit harder to shoot with it compared to the miroku, so that went after about a year

I knew a few guys who tried out the 682X, they had similar probs to what you had, however I shot my 682x's very well at DTL but nothing else though.
I had a 682 X for trap and couldent shoot consistently with it, a typical DTL session would be 24--21--17, after the 17 i would go home.

I loved the gun but it had to go.

Mick. :(

Which shotgun have you owned, got rid of and would never ever shoot again? Why would you never shoot one again, what's the reason?

For me it would be a Slima Supreme trap gun. I had it for about two/three months or so and it spent more time in the gunsmiths than it did on the trap layout! It had all sorts of problems, jammed top leaver, broken firing pins, mis timed ejectors, second barrel would not fire. I would never buy a Slima again!
I must have had that Silma too, bought it, fired it, thought 'that was thumpy' , broke it and both shell's flew out. Never fired it again .

Browning Barasingha, what an unmittigated pile of pants, looked pretty - turned out to be a cheap pile of cr*p with soft ejector clabs and over hardened firing pins, narrow rib, wished I'd never brought it - sold it after sorting it's issues, never again.

Bettinsoli, brand new, within 4 weeks, shooting both barrels together, repaired, would only shoot bottom barrel first, repaired, both barrels together again. Chopped in for a Browning 425, no bother, yet!

Browning medalist, bought brand new,wouldn,t always fire 2nd barrel,was supposedly repaired several times but never cured it,eventually replaced it like for like and when i say like for like it was exactly that! had same problem with 2nd one and litts where i bought it from said they wouldn,t give my money back as i,d excepted a replacement even though the replacment was faulty aswell, to say i hit the roof is an understatement,shop full of customers,lets just say they couldn,t wait to get me out of there with my new berretta side by side,which worked fine but i couldn,t hit a bloody thing with it!!

a beretta 687 seemed the shoddiest thing ive owned, i only kept that 6 months. my perazzi was hanging after 40k shots certainly not what you would expect for the money, but on the flip side it did shoot quite nice. now im on a k80 and cant see myself ever changing

Never had a really bad gun, but after a couple of lower priced Italian O/Us I bought a Miroku MK60 - intending to keep it for ever of course - and had it Teagued. It felt marvellously balanced in the hands with those light barrels and it was deadly on the close stuff, but I could never match the scores I'd got with those old cheapo Italian guns. I particularly didn't get on well with the Miroku triggers and in that and most other respects I find Berettas much more to my liking.

Beretta triggers are usually very good even on the entry models. Have known a few people lately experiencing problems with new miroku triggers. I think the build quality of all guns these days is lower than it was 20yrs ago.

Beretta triggers are usually very good even on the entry models. Have known a few people lately experiencing problems with new miroku triggers. I think the build quality of all guns these days is lower than it was 20yrs ago.
I have always had to get the triggers done on every gun I've ever owned! They never seem to feel right when you get them out of the box. But I may just be very fussy Ian. :D

Well, it wasn't a bad gun - more like a very bad decision!

MK38 grade 5 sporter 30", I was getting tired of people commenting on my adjustable stock on my beretta 682 gold E (it wasn't set super high ...and I never moved the position of it), that I just went out on a whim and bought the MK38 - it was like being in a sweet shop. Thought that if I could shoot a MK38 trap 32" the smaller sporting version would be a walk in the park - never again, and my average scores dropped! Needless to say I have learnt my lesson.

Only issue now is I have two 32" sporters, a Zoli Kronos and a beretta 682 ... there is hardly any difference in measurements and weight. Have been shooting just the beretta since July and getting on great with it ... should I sell the Zoli??????

Agree, i have had up to 4 trap guns at a time and the problem is if you have a bad spell you try another gun and end up digging a big hole for yourself. Stick with one that fits and that you enjoy owning and concentrate on hitting targets. Also 3 or 4 mid or lower end guns can buy you one really good one.

Agree, i have had up to 4 trap guns at a time and the problem is if you have a bad spell you try another gun and end up digging a big hole for yourself. Stick with one that fits and that you enjoy owning and concentrate on hitting targets. Also 3 or 4 mid or lower end guns can buy you one really good one.
Bloody hell Ian, four trap guns at once!!!! I thought I was bad enough, sometimes having one for DTL and one for the faster stuff! :D

I'm with Ed on that! Why keep the one you don't use, it's pointless! ;)
I think its like colecting stamps or model trains etc once you have one you want more, I just like owning nice things, I have 9 guns and as many Guitars, Funy ahh :.: :.: :.:

I think its like colecting stamps or model trains etc once you have one you want more, I just like owning nice things, I have 9 guns and as many Guitars, Funy ahh :.: :.: :.:
Oh you're a guitarist! I'm a drummer!! ;)

Oh you're a guitarist! I'm a drummer!! ;)
Hi Les

I would use the word Guitarist lightly, I play only for my own pleasure (I have played with band members in practices) a bit like my shooting, nothing to serious, although I’m not bad at either.. :cool:

Hi Les

I would use the word Guitarist lightly, I play only for my own pleasure (I have played with band members in practices) a bit like my shooting, nothing to serious, although I’m not bad at either.. :cool:
I'm sure you are better than you say you are! :)

Latest posts

Back