More Blaser screws coming loose.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

My friends Blaser Proffessional sporter has a screw come loose.

This screw came loose about 15mm out. Tightened it back up. Anyone know if it's a worry or what it holds. http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-2976-0-79734400-1427133911.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-2976-0-50938500-1427133937.jpg

Send Robert at blaser uk a email and he will advise better than anyone on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you mean the black one?

It would appear to hold the trigger plate to the bottom of the action...probably not a good thing to be loose.

Dribble of BLUE Loctite on the very tip of the screw.

A mates gun has the same problem, I've never known it happen before.

Plenty come loose on Berettas. The screw-in hinge pins and forend fixings flop around on most new guns. I spent a few minutes loctiting everything on my wife's Beretta many years ago and only the bead has fallen off since.

hmmmm, a loose screw you say,,? I had that problem about 30 years ago,, :prankster:  then I went to browning`s   ,, my 525 is still tight to open, even after  3-4000 bangs,,, its loosening up a bit now ,,,

:biggrin:

Yes the big black one with lots of slots goes in bottom of action in front of trigger.

Well thanks for that everyone.

And Will you should have lock-tighted that bead in or may be gaffer tape.

This gun is 3 months old. Had fore end jammed on by barrel weight screws coming out. Needed a new fore end as it could not be removed. Now this.

Also had a shell drop past the ejector but this only happed once so it could have been the shell.

Its a long drive from London to Mulliners every time, this gun should have been sorted before it was sold to customer.

Its great lock-tight  every screw in but you have to remove the screw first and in this instance something may come adrift inside the gun hence the question what does it hold?

Right...someone has done a strip down on another forum http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/196464-blaser-f3-strip/

Should probably check that the locking grub screw, isn't missing or loose, from this photo.

post-14949-0-98503500-1332165848.jpg

Looking at what you described as the fault, I imagine that the grub screw has loosened.  this has allowed the larger screw to undo, but it probably only has threads on the very end, say 5mm and the rest of the shaft is smooth, possibly with a flat or divot for the grub screw to locate it, probably inline with the slot on the screw.

So the screw has undone, dropped down and the threads have caught on the end if the grub screw, so it didn't fall out.

So check for the grub screw, it is a 0.9mm, from what I understand.

Ensure main screw is installed but not over tight, then re install the grub screw.

My friend emailed Robert at Blaser who phoned him straight back.

He advised to check if the grub screw is there (if not he would mail him one out straight away) it was.

To then lightly tighten the big screw so that the slots face 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock when looking down the gun stock to barrels, then nip up the grub screw 0.9mm allen key.

The gun is now fine.

May be if you have one of these guns might be an idea to just check the big screw is not loose, if it is repeat the above.

My friend would also like to add that if the gun could not be easily fixed that Robert would courier it to Mulliners have it fixed and couriered back to him FOC within two days.

Now is that not fantastic service or what. Could not see GMK doing this.

This seems to be a top company to deal with.

nice to hear it`s sorted,|   a problem can arise with any new item, regardless of cost or reputation.

if  I might quickly add that I also received great service from the guys at Haywards guns, also a 2 day turnaround for a very stiff to open B525.

It's also a loose grub screw on my mates gun, some one is not checking they are secure.

Latest posts

Back