Miroku MK60 swapped for CG Invictus.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

My son has swapped his Miroku MK60 Gd 5 for a Caesar Gurini Invictus. He recently tried one at an event at The Oxford Gun Company ground and picked it up today.

First impressions are good. Comes with everything you need in a decent Negrini case. 8 chokes, choke key, stock bolt removal tool and nicely made protective sock. Wood is well finished with good figureing and a good oil finish. The fit and finish is very clean and precise, different to the Miroku in that it feels more "modern"...presume this is part due to the design and part due to the CNC manufactuer method.

Feels the same weight as my MK38 but the balance is less barrel heavy so does feel lighter and faster to swing..will be trying it out Sunday.

First time moving away from Miroku so a bit of a leap into the dark!

I bought an Invictus last month, not a bad gun at all. I had to put a bit of weight in the stock as it was a touch too muzzle heavy for me.

I was not really impressed with them until I shot one and I was quite suprised, mine's on the way back from a 'smiths after having a decent recoil pad put on it.

It will be interesting to compare how things have changed. My MK38 has been around in one form or another for at least 20 years, and the action design for longer, where as the CG is a new breed. We met Brett W last weekend and he offered some great advice to my son, and coming from someone a lot closer in age had much more of an impact than me drooning on. He was very down friendly and offered loads of good advice, a real benefit for the sport and long may his success continue.

Must say the trigger pulls are very crisp, never really noticed this before on a gun, not that it will have any effect on my ability to miss!

I tried a CG summit, it felt twangy when fired I wasn't impressed but everyone else seems to be. How long has that rizzini action been around?

Bad news, even with a new gun he still beat me! Problem is at 14I  suspect he will get better just as fast as I get worse.He says it feels much the same as the MK60, heavier but still barrel light compared to my MK38. Using 24g cartridges very little recoil...fair to say he says this about everything seeing as he started shooting using a lightweight 12 bore Army and Navy SxS.

Back