malaga GP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAWWWWWWWW - C'mon, John. It's the middle of January and there is practically nothing else to do!!!!
NUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I'm not nibbling :D

It was the club AGM today so things are about to get on the move. First day of the new shooting season is 6th Feb days already getting a bit longer but it is so coooooold just now, albeit a lovely sunny day today... I just hate shooting with my knees knocking together though.

Good shoot for Harry Sinclair his first round sort of tripped him up a bit but still nice to see him do well. Now am I just missing something or plain don't understand how the guy with the highest score is third ?
thanks John I'll pass it on. Harry did shoot well (unlike his tw*t father  :angry: ) for a 107. His first round started off with a disaster, missing  5 out of the first 7  :huh:  then only dropped one more. Good recovery I thought. Otherwise pretty consistent 22 average from their on in. 

As for the finals? Blimey, they go on forever. Liptak first had to shoot off to get into the finals matches, then went into the Bronze medal match with Keith Kelvington. All square after 14 then KK dropped his last target, promptly followed by an mouthed expletive beginning with W!! JL kept his nerve. 

DK beat Derek Burnett in the finals so Czeck Rep 1st and 3rd.

congrats also to Nathan Hales (top junior) and Caroline Povey ( 2nd Lady, behind Gálvez)

Great event although there were some rumblings about the light for the early and late shooters on Saturday. It was very gloomy at 8.30 on Sat and Sun mornings and just as bad at 6.00pm. Sort of balanced itself out as early shooters shot their 2nd and 3rd rounds in good light and vice versa. Middle squad numbers got the best conditions. The organisers have already announced that next years event will be over three days (50,50,25 + finals) to avoid the poor light. 

looking forward to next year already. Now all I have to do is learn to shoot!!

DT

don't think I fancy 125 targets over three days. As for poor light, we Brits should be used to it as we can shoot four lines in four different lights that's why I now only use clear lenses.

just saying

don't think I fancy 125 targets over three days. As for poor light, we Brits should be used to it as we can shoot four lines in four different lights that's why I now only use clear lenses.

just saying
Totally grateful for that reminder of the stiff upper lip 

Brings back memories of walking 23 miles thru the snow storms with a broken leg to school.  Where we had only dried grass and small rocks for lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
you had it easy Charlie, that's a walk in the park for a northern lad

The average thing is probably a reasonable indicator of difficulty.  BUT - I don't see how any "average" can be justified in sporting.  The course of fire is not standardized, the terrain is different at every shoot, there are no identified shoots that are considered for the "average" and even if there were there is no requirement that the course be shot for "average".  And those are the factors that just spring to mind since I'm sure there are many others prolly just as pertinent.  So how valid is anyone's "average"?

and I have to say too that I'm totally opposed to average based classifications in any shooting discipline with the "average" itself becoming some treasured goal rather than simple winning.

JMO of course

Back