Lost luggage

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess my shotgun should have not just come down the carousel with the rest of the bags when I came back from Milan today.  It was handed to the security guard in Milan who took it to the plane and I was wondering what would happen at BHX when it just came out on the belt..... i went to the red point to get it checked it but I was surprised it had not been handed back to me personally.....

Always go to the carousel first to avoid it having a lonely trip round and round..especially with a 3" sticker on it saying FIREARMS in red

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the same thing with my underwear
think you've got a wee bit confused (its an age thing), the rifle jackets need broken in BEFORE wearing in comps, not hunted down and humanely destroyed AFTER you've worn them

Last edited by a moderator:
think you've got a wee bit confused (its an age thing), the rifle jackets need broken in BEFORE wearing in comps, not hunted down and humanely destroyed AFTER you've worn them
Yes but hunting them down is half the fun!!!! It normally invoves a BBQ, beer, single malt, a band and a few unti hunting protestors just to spice things up a bit!!!

Hmm I'd be seriously worried for the welfare of the anti's with a pair of IPS's shreddies on the loose..... those things are deadly
Yes I've heard as much.... they normally become quite aggressive after dark by all accounts, especially if cornered!! :biggrin:

a similar beastie I'm led to believe

jabberwocky.jpg

Well if you fly to Italy, things vary by airport. Flying into Austria, the shotgun was on the carousel. leaving was more exciting than entering and the same with Hungary. Cyprus, I had to help a bunch of Americans and the customs fill the forms. Portugal was getting the permit beforehand and signing in with the shotgun that was at special handling. Leaving was more complicated with a custom agent and police officer verifying all the paperwork in 5 copies with the airline signing off with a copy, the x-ray scanner signing off with a copy and even the baggage handler having to sign off with a copy.  The easiest is flying into France and picking up your shotgun on a carousel and then driving where ever you want in the EC with no paperwork! .!!! Air France and KLM requires two weeks notice and your boarding pass has weap on it. Air Canada, one advises on check in (btw they charge $50 for the firearm and $50 for extra baggage each way!). You have weap on your boarding pass. With Air France and KLM, I get priority boarding and rarely on Air Canada. They think that you are an air marshal! . My worst experience was in Morocco where they left the unattended shotgun outside the terminal. I got a Moroccan custom official to look for it with me behind the terminal building!

BTW, if you find your shotgun on a carousel in Italy, go to the Polizia. They will fill out a "declarazionne" and fine the baggage company 600E. Otherwise on your way back, they will not have your shotgun in the system which will delay you for a few hours!

Henry

Latest posts

Back