Longridge Glos and Hereford & Worcs Champoinship 12th and 13th July

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks as if all the big Glos guns in Steve L, Clynt, Chipper et all are on Friday, hopefully that means I'm in a squad of similar ability shooters. Mind you it can be quite interesting watching the top boys go about their shooting up close so to speak, so that chance looks gone.

Hi Gareth I shot today very good course quite tricky I thought some really acute angles , some quick low orange one good shot targets

Started on layout 4 with a 24 , then layout 3 which is probably the harder of the 4 , came off with 19 which is probably 2 or 3 light then we had a break and shot layout 2 another tricky one with long crossers and teall ended on 21 so not to bad

Onto layout 1 shot a 22 which was sloppy should have had 24 or 25

Found it hard going in the heat of day

So I was jnt high with jannine white when we left

My advice take plenty of liquid , if you think it needs lots of Leed it probably does and watch those close quick angles

Very good afternoon

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Steve well shot :good:   , thanks for the info sounds a clever course, and will look out for the close stuff and angles sounds like really testing course :eek:k:

All clever stuff, hope he's not given you to many ideas :laugh:  looking forward to it will take heed of your tip on plenty of water but hope it will be coolish when we start in the morning.!

Cheers Steve

Shot this in the morning, aware some away in Spain being sizzled but to be honest got sizzled here in Gloucestershire, it was getting hotter so the pm squads must have been frying eggs off their foreheads,

Four layouts and looking at day one scores 1and 4 scored high, 2 was a bit of a toughie and 3 a graveyard.

Not really competent enough to give a breakdown of each layout hopefully someone else can fill in the missing,

Scores

High gun M Myers 92

A

1st D Dubavin 84

2nd M Pugh 82

B

1st Mrs J White, PA Smith & S Lovatt 86

C

1st M Fletcher & P Keatley 80

3rd P Blakeway 76

D

1st H Young 83

2nd B Maleki 72

3rd R Lloyd 71

When known will edit in the Glos medal positions,

Oops nearly forgot well done to Jason McClean, 1st FITASC, a toughie but he was smiling when he left, a well done to Shortlegs hope you got back ok and to Mark, Clynt and Chipper hopefully not missed off anyone else from ShootClay who shot this one

Gloucestershire County Championship

Gold - Steve Lovatt

Silver - Nick Portlock ( Chipper )

Bronze - Clynt Warren ( Clynt ) and Steve Burnham

So I'm in for a chocolate feast tomorrow then chipper !!!!

I said 91 or 92 was the score I missed 5 I really shouldn't of done well done Martin and our thanks to Steve nutbeam and long ridge for hosting our county champs

Cheers Steve

Just noted a special well done to junior Henry young from Oxfordshire winning d class on 83 brilliant , deff one for the future

So I'm in for a chocolate feast tomorrow then chipper !!!!

I said 91 or 92 was the score I missed 5 I really shouldn't of done well done Martin and our thanks to Steve nutbeam and long ridge for hosting our county champs

Cheers Steve
Yep choclate all round

Had a great day here!

Very hot but we all survived.

Managed double figures on all layouts, even the graveyard! Will be trying FITASC again.

Thanks Gareth for your helpful tips and to the others that had to put up with me! .

Yep choclate all round well shot Steveo, too hot today, Clinto started to melt ☀
you aint wrong there me old m8 !!! not sure if this is what Fitasc has become now ? never seen that stupid orange (low) crosser haha and personally would have liked each layout to have a little more balance in target quality 1-4 had far to many shoot at it targets ? thought 2 was about right and 3 well in total melt down by the time we got there. and really felt a 20 would be about right here ? and as I mentioned that orange sh*te spoilt what was for me a very good Parcours.

but that 92 from Mart was something special  

Had a great day here!

Very hot but we all survived.

Managed double figures on all layouts, even the graveyard! Will be trying FITASC again.

Thanks Gareth for your helpful tips and to the others that had to put up with me! .
Glad you enjoyed it Jason and it was very bloody hot :hot:  thanks for the tips Steve but as you said there were a lot of clever angles to catch you out and they did me on a few, started on 4 with a 22 then the graveyard 10 and have to agree with Clynt the low orange bird was horrible, shot 18 on 2 and 17 on three where the last stand did me as overled everything ! So finished on 67 and felt should have had at least 5 more could have been on the card. But all in all had a good squad and we had a good time and enjoyed the day, didn't envy those who shot the afternoon they must have fried as it was around 30 degrees according to temp in car when I left at 2.15.

Good to meet Rich and Miroku6000 for at chat look forward to seeing you all at westfield for the 100 sporting soon

Well Clynt and Shortlegs have put a smile on this boys face as the horrible orange clay that did them was the only target I managed to hit on every single and every pair from all three rings :)))), quite chuffed now, next up though is to get on as well with th other 90+ targets!

Shot this in the morning, aware some away in Spain being sizzled but to be honest got sizzled here in Gloucestershire, it was getting hotter so the pm squads must have been frying eggs off their foreheads,

Four layouts and looking at day one scores 1and 4 scored high, 2 was a bit of a toughie and 3 a graveyard.

Not really competent enough to give a breakdown of each layout hopefully someone else can fill in the missing,

Scores

High gun M Myers 92

A

1st D Dubavin 84

2nd M Pugh 82

B

1st Mrs J White, PA Smith & S Lovatt 86

C

1st M Fletcher & P Keatley 80

3rd P Blakeway 76

D

1st H Young 83

2nd B Maleki 72

3rd R Lloyd 71

When known will edit in the Glos medal positions,

Oops nearly forgot well done to Jason McClean, 1st FITASC, a toughie but he was smiling when he left, a well done to Shortlegs hope you got back ok and to Mark, Clynt and Chipper hopefully not missed off anyone else from ShootClay who shot this one

Gloucestershire County Championship

Gold - Steve Lovatt

Silver - Nick Portlock ( Chipper )

Bronze - Clynt Warren ( Clynt ) and Steve Burnham
Is that D class score correct?

Really, you have to ask why that score would not be correct? Shooting a high score in the lowest class that is only 1 target behind the A class winner looks like the person just might be classed incorrectly.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, jealousy and ignorance are terrible things Matt!!! Never herd of improvement??? Never herd of everything coming together on the day and shooting a really good score??? Don't worry, if he keeps shooting B class scores it won't be long before he's in B class...tell me, if he was B class, but had a bad day and shot a 63, would you be posting that he was incorrectly classed? No? Didn't think so...

I'm D class, I shot a 83 at FITASC on Sunday (PB FITASC score) my average over 7 shoots last year was 68%, started the year on the same form, then the last 3 FITASC shoots things started coming together, 73, 80, 83...so does that mean I'm incorrectly classed? (HG for shoot 91)

p.s. I was joint 2nd in D, the other guy in with 83 in D has changed his gun, had coaching from Ben Husthwaite and Phil Coley and his scores have been climbing, high gun in D was 87, did I feel like he was "incorrectly classed"...NO! He has been shooting better and better all season, I have no doubt he will not be D class next classification, I dropped at least 4 I shouldn't have, if I'd shot then I'd have shot 87 too...but I didn't.

Not every good score is sandbagging or cheating!!!

Don't read things in to what I said, at no stage did I say HE was cheating or sandbagging, I just asked if the scores for the classes were correct, certainly not jealous and yes people can have good days where it all comes together, but that said when a D class shot is only 1 behind the winner of A class you have to wonder about the system, he was afterall a long way ahead of anyone else in D, which is a class that is supposed to be novice fitasc shooters, so when you see a big score it jumps out.

You were implying he was either a CHEAT or a SANDBAGGER, no doubt!!!

D class is not a class just for novice FITASC shooters!!! D class is for people who in the last 12 months shooting FITASC have averaged below 70.7%...and if a relitive novice FITASC shooter like me can improve, learn, work hard and shoot 83 15 months after shooting 53 in his first FITASC shoot...they get rewarded with..."...is that D class score correct?" Charming.

Back