Longridge 5th January 100 ESP (CChilderhouse 100 straight)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i think they say the first 100 straight is the hardest!!!!  so the day george shot 2 100 straights were both these shoots easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shooting like any sport evolves and moves on.
They were easy for him :lol:  , both yielded 94's as runner up, one by Jamie Brightman, the other by me if memory serves. I still cannot comprehend how he managed to hit ALL of them.

Excellent shooting Chris, i am so pleased for you well done. 

As i said to you when we shot together at the end of the summer at South Worcester I follow your progress and i love to see you shoot well. Keep it up and i hope you can reproduce that sort of score at the worlds and give GD a run for his money. 

Its an amazing achievement very well shot, so how many times has this been done at a registered competition. And who was the first to do it? I seem to remember Gary Philips went to the US and did it twice over there but who else has done the 100 straight at English Sporting in the UK.

Jonz

Duncan Lawton was the first to do it, Nick Hendrick has shot one at Grange Farm, Brett Winstanley at Catton Hall. I was at both these shoots when they did the 100 straight, I'm going to have to stop going to these easy shoots ;)

I bet he was using eight star crimp 8's with extended chokes, long polished forcing cones, over bored barrels, 32" tubes, 15-1/4" LOP, negative pitch, no bead with pull away maintained, anything less leaves a couple out there. :fan:
haha I seen him shoot a few stds .....mind boggling !! but .......

no P or K gun !!!

no F cartridges !!!

no M chokes !!!

THE MAN IS A MIRACLE

credit to the sport Chris  good luck in Dubai m8 

Many thanks 4 your comments

I don't think sporting shoots are getting easier, the standard to me seems to be getting higher, 10 years ago you could name 5 maybe 10 shots that would win a major now it could be 1 of 50

Take the domestic majors last year classic, british, English all different winners

On the subject of pressure I didn't really think about the straight till I had shot my 3rd to last stand which was a tricky sim pair of going aways after I got them i did think this could be the day

Little tip for Jaykaysea if your on your last pair for a straight, just take a second and line the name on the head of the cartridge up the right way, just gives u that added bit of concentration, let me know if it works

Cheers
Fair play to you Chris. Great shooting whatever is said. Keep going mate, would like to see you up there with Big George.

Stew Keen

Back