Longridge 100ESP Sunday 2nd March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Personally I got there after the rain which was possible the only thing I got right today. there was however lots of talk about some shoot in the sun, ha we could wear wellingtons, waterproof jackets and the need for full length trousers so who had the better conditions eh?

Will leave comments on the shoot itself for those far more competent than I, 

Placings

High Gun

96 - Dorian Evans

AA

1st 95 = Nick (Chipper) Portlock & S Rudling

3rd 94 = Clynt Warren, Julian Morris, Kirk Bridges, S Emms & G Pendleton

A

1st 93 - Derek Ponting

2nd 91 - C Bubb

3rd 90 - J Holden

4th 89 - J Brookley

B

1st 86 = D Roper & M Hayward

3rd 85 - I Hall

4th 84 - S Clarke & Ray Lloyd

C

1st 84 - Mike Bartlett

2nd 79 - R Keen

3rd 76 = H Ashley-Towell & D Hucker

My round came to a rather crashing implosion stand 7, a simo pair two none too difficult clays that I just lost the plot with as soon as they were in the air, total confusion, didn't recover what was until then for me a battling round, two stands later a driven pair,  again I just had a meltdown just couldn't "see" which clay to take first left too late and didn't take at all!

Saw a few ShootClay on the layout and saw a few names from earlier, hopefully those that drove from afar had a reasonable drive back as the weather did turn quite nasty late in the afternoon.

This place is open for practice next saturday, after my implosion will be calling in to hopefully iron out one or two of my very many failings

Nice to meet you Rich...quite pleased with my 74 in C then...!!! As you say a joy to not get wet...

Well shot Dorian, Julian, Nick and Clynt...Good scores....especially in that gusty wind.

Enjoyed the targets....bit disappointed with my score to be honest, had thought it would have been closer to 80....my expectations grow every time....

4 out of 4 now Mike well done :spiteful:

Good shooting Jen :good:

Nice to meet you Rich...quite pleased with my 74 in C then...!!! As you say a joy to not get wet...

Well shot Dorian, Julian, Nick and Clynt...Good scores....especially in that gusty wind.

Enjoyed the targets....bit disappointed with my score to be honest, had thought it would have been closer to 80....my expectations grow every time....
Well shot Jen, not far away from the money today..

Yup the driven pair had me too .. Stood there and thought an almost certain straight for this 'easy' pair, Result? 2!!!!!!! a complete card wrecker. Must try harder.

Yup the driven pair had me too .. Stood there and thought an almost certain straight for this 'easy' pair, Result? 2!!!!!!! a complete card wrecker. Must try harder.
Yeah they messed me up! Not sure what I actually was trying to do, but I know I missed them! Doh was looking half decent up till there! A good lesson learnt! Enjoyed the shoot though.

Yeah they messed me up! Not sure what I actually was trying to do, but I know I missed them! Doh was looking half decent up till there! A good lesson learnt! Enjoyed the shoot though.
Jason, everyone I shot with took them as crosser's made it a simple pair of 20yrd simos.

Stand 3 and 11 cost me dearly. Finished on 78. They were all there to be hit, I blame user error so can't grumble.

Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back