Limits

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about sporting but from my limited experience I would say that dark side has got the answer, its the perspective of were the ref is which begs the question that summat ain't right. The ref should have a good reccy and work out the point were its past the post from the shooters view point or better still stand behind the shooter.

edit

posted same time as mr hamster, sorry Hamid.

As it happens I was two yards behind the shooter in question (peg 3) and had an excellent view of both the target and the post.

Matt stop brownnosing.... :p

Darkside (James) can you tone down the colour of your sleeves next time I see you.....I mean Bright yellow.... :D

Heavens adove... :) .

If it is a regular stand, why don't they put a board at the loss side of the post preventing a shot being made late hitting the clay.

An unbroken clay would appear out the other side if missed as would the bots of a late legal kill if say 2 or 3 feet wide.

I get where you're going with this because hardly anyone ever loses a shoot because of a bad decision, our own silly mistakes do the real damage but what you describe is still a tiny bit silly because it suggests the posts location and its influence on the decisions being made were subject to perspective ? Surely that shouldn't be the case. 
Yes, perspective is a very fine line...the rabbit in question was nipping on, it took a bounce that seemed to push it on rather than slow it down. When I broke it, it was air bourn, the broken fragments all past the post at speed, it was a split second call, we all want strong refs, can't complain when they are strong...the answer from my perspective would have been to shoot it 1/2 a second quicker!!! 50/50...I'm sure it will even out and I'll get a 50/50 the other way soon to even things out ;)

Paul

I suppose its easier to hammer a post in than provide something more substantial that would help the Ref.

Still at least it is a physical limit, unlike the old FITASC favorite 'Target x to be shot driven. Then the inevitable

'Can it be shot after its gone straight overhead'

'I always stand sideways and take them as crossers'

'I cannot shoot driven because of a bad back'

' Well I saw xx shoot it right back there'

Regards

Leigh

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with it being a post, put say a hay bale as the limit marker, every chance there could be clays that break behind it, without being hit, then you have someone gaining a target they never touched!!!

Darkside

Scoring is based on the rabbit going behind the board/bale unscathed, rather than whether it emerges from the other side complete.

Regards

Leigh

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Congratulations to Peter Hurst on his excellent win, shooting with a Perazzi HPX RSR

14440753_933285953444478_8885111120488557179_n.jpg

Results of the Compak Sporting UK Championship

St Dials 25th September 2016

Position Competitor Score

Champion Peter Hurst 96 +22

Jess Wright 96 +19

Seniors

Gold Jess Wright 96

Silver Shaun Stacey 95 +25

Bronze Paul Foster 95 +23 +5

Henry Arnold 95 +23 +4

Ladies

Gold Cheryl Hall 91

Silver Linda Grayson 86

Bronze Amy Easeman 85

Juniors

Gold Taylor Hedgecock 94

Silver James Bradley-Day 93

Bronze Joshua Brown 92

Veterans

Gold Peter Hurst 96

Silver Tony Manvell 95

Bronze Martin Doughty 94

Super-veterans

Gold John Bidwell 91

Silver Dennis Webb 86

Bronze Christopher Dennis 83

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Pete, a truly nice guy and gent.  I had the pleasure of shooting in his fitasc squad many years ago in France and he was so helpful.  He's worked very hard and is now getting the rewards.  ?

Latest posts

Back