Licence renewal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More bad news I’m afraid. GP’s now have permission to reduce their involvement in non essential services to focus on the vaccine rollout. That means, amongst other things, conducting medical record checks and completing licensing forms will be postponed by many surgeries for the time being.
My GP refuses to take part on ‘’conscientious grounds’ which is apparently increasingly common- have ended up using a third party company who get a copy of medical records and write the required letter - bit of a farce

My GP refuses to take part on ‘’conscientious grounds’ which is apparently increasingly common- have ended up using a third party company who get a copy of medical records and write the required letter - bit of a farce
You’re lucky your police force accepts a report from a GP unknown to the applicant. Many insist that the report comes from a GP that has knowledge of the applicant or, at the very least, a GP from the same practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if more GP's start to not accept doing these checks and the Police force as you say will only accept that persons own GP where does that leave the applicant.

It's becoming a farce now, Government need to step up and get the Home office to set rules not guidlines

So if more GP's start to not accept doing these checks and the Police force as you say will only accept that persons own GP where does that leave the applicant.
Without guns, that’s where.

It’s not every force that’s saying no. Some are happy to accept, if only to clear the backlog.

This is the problem with Home Office guidelines. Everyone has a different interpretation of what’s correct.

Without guns, that’s where.

It’s not every force that’s saying no. Some are happy to accept, if only to clear the backlog.

This is the problem with Home Office guidelines. Everyone has a different interpretation of what’s correct.
That's why I said the Government need to step up and sort this out, it's been going on long enough now that they must have feedback that it doesn't work with just guidlines

You’re lucky your police force accepts a report from a GP unknown to the applicant. Many insist that the report comes from a GP that has knowledge of the applicant or, at the very least, a GP from the same practice.
Still to be proven

Thames Valley Police have now stopped the grant of new shotgun and FAC’s due to Covid 19. Renewals are continuing to be issued apparently. Dread to think what it will be like in 2 years time when I have to renew. As for me getting a Section 1 at the moment….

My lad is applying for a cert and doctors are refusing to do form. He has had no option but to use a third party company called Medcert at a cost of £60. I also see they have liased with CPSA and run a discount scheme for members ,10%.

This is probably the way it will go and yet one more cost to our sport.

Back