Length of barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not just barrel length its barrel weight as well.  I shoot a 32" Beretta gold e and its far livelier than a 30" Browning or miroku.
... Also livelier than a 30" Mobil barrel Beretta.

Surely length is secondary to overall feel and balance. Weight distribution is a subtle issue and whilst 32" barrels weighing say 1530 gms can feel more stable than 30s of the same weight, it isn't necessarily at the cost of lively handling.

Guns that are more or less custom built with many user specified properties like Perazzis are a separate issue but there's no doubt that some production guns seem to suit 32s and some not so much. I'd hazard a small bet that CG makes at least as many 32" sporters as 30" and it's probably the same story for the Browning 725, Beretta 692 and Blaser F3.

One thing's for sure which is that 32" barrels are not some sort of trend or fad that'll fade away in a year or two. 32s are here to stay IMHO.

One thing's for sure which is that 32" barrels are not some sort of trend or fad that'll fade away in a year or two. 32s are here to stay IMHO.
As they have been around for at least 25 years on production guns, i would say your not far wrong  :)

Latest posts

Back