laser eye surgery

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the true cost of laser eye surgery? :dontknow:

The adverts will happily tell us that it's "from" £395 per eye, or whatever, but I've heard as much as £2000 per eye, so ............... how much does it really cost?  :rtfm:  

The adverts will happily tell us that it's "from" £395 per eye, or whatever, but I've heard as much as £2000 per eye, so ............... how much does it really cost?  :rtfm:
No one in their right mind would pay £395.

I paid £2800 8 years ago at a London clinic, which was about the same as Optical Express once you added all the good options.

I still think it was good value:

£2800 one off payment vs 20 years of buying at least 2 pairs of specs every couple of years.

I had both eyes done July last year and it cost £2295 (that was for both done at the same time) it was done at Optimax in Reading.Lasik treatment.

The absolute basis surgery is advertised at £395 per eye, most correctional surgery will cost a lot more,depending on what you have done

if you are aged 40 and over then your eye will change as a result of ageing. If so, then you may require further surgery although this may cost less than the original procedure.

My cataracts were not to the level that the insurance would cover for a few years but finally made it.  The change was a revelation.  The shooting didn't get that much better but I became aware that I gotten just way sloppy thanks to the embedded idea that I couldn't see anyway.  So actually I guess it did help.  My brother just had his done (3 yrs younger) and his vision now is better than anytime in the last 50yrs.  20/20 and 20/15.

My insurance is pretty good so my work cost me $20.  And worth every penny of it too   :king:

Latest posts

Back