Krieghoff pro rib

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed to one for no other reason than to cure a habit of occasionally lifting head off stock. Tried several and the Blaser Pro Sport suited me the best and feels just right as problem no longer manifests itself. I tried a Kreighoff High Rib, but just couldn't bear parting with that sort of money, when I know what I paid for my old Remington (Kreighoff bought the design) when I lived in Germany in the early 80's and purchased through the American Forces BX store for peanuts in comparison!!!!!

All I need is time to "bed in" and put a few thousand rounds through it.

The head raising problem is sorted but I now seem to be over leading on certain crossers, especially the closer stuff.

It was Will who brought this to my attention at the last Owls Lodge shoot, slightly reduced lead and problem solved - strange as hadn't been an issue before.

Onwards and upwards they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out John Jefferies new HPX Perazzi DSR, Possibly the best clay gun on the market at the moment! www.perazzihpxshotguns.com

I know John has had some very good results back on the new gun,Ive shot the gun myself and the vision is amazing for a gun that shoots'POINT OF AIM' Check his website for have a go days up and down the country on his try guns!

I know John has had some very good results back on the new gun,Ive shot the gun myself and the vision is amazing for a gun that shoots'POINT OF AIM' Check his website for have a go days up and down the country on his try guns!
I've seen and held his guns in person they look nice but I would expect that for the ££££ but who has won something with one at a level is what i'm getting at?!

I have still not got my head around this reverse rib thing ?

I have still not got my head around this reverse rib thing ?
Simple snake oil gimmick.  A new and different bell and whistle.  WGAF???  Nobody shoots off the fooking rib anyway so it can get stuck anywhere at any angle and with any taper just so long as it isn't in the shooter's way.

I have an idea for a double tapered rib where it starts wide at the action, tapers to about half its width mid-barrel and then get reaallly wide at the muzzles so your eye is accelerated and CARRRIEEEED to the target.  I just know it will be revolutionary!!!!!

Do results back this up!

It's still early days for the HPX RSR & DSR and perhaps you'll never actually know just how good they are unless you are prepared to try one for yourself.

John is a one man band who is passionate about his guns. At 70 years of age I certainly wouldn't spend most of my time travelling the length and breadth of the country including several trips to Italy unless I believed that I had something pretty special to show clay and game shooters.

Off the top of my head..........

Kenny Bennett 2014 Sussex All Round Champion

Peter Hurst 2015 Compak Sporting GB Selection Shoot Veterans Gold 98 ex 100

Alex Stevens 100 Straight Skeet

There will be more in the future but like I said, its still early days!

Simple snake oil gimmick. A new and different bell and whistle. WGAF??? Nobody shoots off the fooking rib anyway so it can get stuck anywhere at any angle and with any taper just so long as it isn't in the shooter's way.

I have an idea for a double tapered rib where it starts wide at the action, tapers to about half its width mid-barrel and then get reaallly wide at the muzzles so your eye is accelerated and CARRRIEEEED to the target. I just know it will be revolutionary!!!!!
Agreed Charlie

Seems that in my 30 yr career there has been no shotgun inovation that has effected scores more than sheer talent and determination. I have tried adjustable this and that high ribs tapered ribs etc and experienced no eureka moment.

Any new inovation given to a world class shooter who goes on to win something will see dealers inundated with new and easily impressed shooters looking for a fast track to success.

Ian, I did have an eureka moment.  It happened when I started shooting my first real and totally unadorned O/U.  A simple flat rib straight stocked MT6.  No bells, no whistles, and I thot - WTF have I been doing with all that sh*te?

I admit that I do have adjusto stocks nowadays, but they only get set once and are just an easy sub (as in cheap) for having a proper stock made that fits me.

And like you say, trying to buy a target is a big biz    :preved:

Exactly same as me Charlie but luckily all my guns fit off the shelf so don't even need adj comb but I accept there a good thing if you can leave well alone which I unfortunately cannot.

Exactly same as me Charlie but luckily all my guns fit off the shelf so don't even need adj comb but I accept there a good thing if you can leave well alone which I unfortunately cannot.
As you know Ian, I now have adjustable trigger, adjustable comb, multi chokes, adjusable POI on bottom tube. BUT, I just don't fiddle with the things, I got it all as I want it, so I just take no notice of them bits at all. They are the devils work if you're a fiddler though!!!  :biggrin:

Your lucky les. I am a fiddler ;)
Well Ian, I was rather worried that I would be too. When I picked up the gun from Ian Mulliner, he set everything up and told me to leave it alone, which I did! 

Well Ian, I was rather worried that I would be too. When I picked up the gun from Ian Mulliner, he set everything up and told me to leave it alone, which I did! 
So how do you know that it is really right for you if you don't adjust it differently.  I mean, how does he know what's really best for you??

So how do you know that it is really right for you if you don't adjust it differently.  I mean, how does he know what's really best for you??
Easy really Charlie, he knows the way I shoot cos we shoot together at times. My previous gun was fitted to me and he set it up the same....simple!

And if your previous gun was so right, why did it need replacing?  And how did you know that it could not have been improved upon?

C'mon, Les.  You're just digging a deeper hole ya know?    :spiteful:

I tried the DSR at the South Worcestershire Shooting Ground in the week and at Barby Sporting on their rather challenging Compac layout this morning and have to say it is a rather different gun to shoot. 

The demo gun is on the MX12 action (so has a barrel selector, unlike the MX8), when you first mount it there is a 'trap gun' feel as though you are seeing a lot of the top rib in your peripheral vision, pushing those thoughts aside and calling for a target is initially a bit weird as the target is fully visible (lots of sky all around it, all of the time) and not obscured by the gun at all - the target goes to dust.   The brain says something like ,'that's odd, must have been a fluke', you reload and repeat, two more dusted targets.   I've tried several different Sporting target presentations before the Compac this morning, fast midi loopers, quick edge on crossers and rabbits, it almost felt like cheating and to be honest you really don't want it to be as good as it  seems because with maybe £350 change out of £10k for a standard gun it's a fairly serious indulgence.

The DSR rib has a fairly steep ramp upward at the action end and then the rib tapers downward all the way to foresight coupled with John Jeffries's HPX stock design it provides a different shooting experience, a subtle enhancement of the raised rib approach used in many conventional trap guns for years.

If you get the chance to have a go with it then have a try, it's a remarkable evolution of an idea.

Back